Job Category: Software
Job Number: 20098
This Software Engineer II will implement CRM to the company’ s business users throughout the organization as well as champion ongoing releases of new and improved capabilities. The Software Engineer II adheres to and supports the RTS project and software development lifecycle methodologies. In addition, the Software Engineer II raises the technical competency of the team by educating fellow team members on both new and existing technology, and sets future technical direction by identifying, evaluating, and implementing appropriate technology and tools.
REQUIRED & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science, management of information science, or related field required
- Scribe integration experience is a plus.
- Experience in using Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ) for Scribe integration is a plus
- Professional experience working with SSRS would be preferred, especially development for Dynamics CRM.
- Experience in application integration using SSIS preferred.
- Deploy and Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM on-premises to manage the client’ s business process
- Integrate with back-end ERP applications·
- Advise team on CRM best practices, standards, governance, and information management.
- Technical Design – Able to identify, analyze, specify, design, and translate functional design to technical design.
- Application Development – Able to write, test, debug, and maintain applications for end-user adoption, productivity improvement and efficiency.
- Unit Testing and Validation - Ensures developed code meets the technical and functional specifications.
SUPPLEMENTAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Assist personnel in other RTS departments to resolve technical and/or application issues
- Other duties as requested
- Participate in gap-fit analysis
- Occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule - evening/weekend hours in order to meet project deadlines or to access the computer system to support 2nd/3rd shift users
Provide Accurate Project Effort Estimates - Ability to quantify and meet individual and project phase level efforts.
- Manage ambiguity, create and meet accurate project effort estimates for their assigned tasks
- Meet project effort estimates
- Adhere to RTS project methodology throughout project lifecycle
- Understand, consider and communicate interdependencies for project estimates
Adherence to Standards – Create solutions that incorporate and adhere to RTS standards.
- Apply and use information and technology standards in solution design
- Obtain key inputs from Enterprise Architecture to ensure standard compliance and exception management
- Identify commonalities and suggest a consistent approach across projects
Problem Solving – Ability to problem solve through problem identification (what is the problem), solution assessment (what can be done), problem documentation (document for future) and problem response (implementing a solution).
- Frame problems before trying to solve them
- Break down medium to high complexity problems and identify all of their components
- Provide insight into the root-causes of problems
- Seek advice from those who have solved similar problems
- Anticipate problems and be proactive in addressing them
- Follow up to ensure that the problem has been resolved
- Ask perceptive questions to seek optimal solutions
- Explore various sources for answers and think " outside the box" to find options solutions
- Generate a range of solutions and courses of action with benefits, costs, and risks associated with each
- Evaluate the chosen course of action to determine its worth and impacts
Decision Making – Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; commits to action, even in uncertain situations, to accomplish organizational goals.
- Gather data and others' input when making decisions
- Escalate decisions when appropriate
- Weigh pros and cons of each option before making a decision and moving forward
- Learn from the consequences of decisions
- Balance and analyze insight, experience, and perspective when making decisions
- Explain the rationale for a decision
- Find solutions that are acceptable to diverse groups with conflicting interests and needs
- Make decisions in difficult situations in a timely manner
- Consider lessons learned from experience, differing needs, and the impact of the decision on others
Customer Service – Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with others by listening, understanding and responding to their needs.
- Provide service to internal and external customers to satisfy their needs and expectations
- Listen to concerns and resolve reported issues effectively and promptly
- Ensure and comply to customer response timeline (SLAs) based on the severity of reported issues including documenting concise and accurate status information in the ServiceNow ticketing system
- Anticipate others' needs and move to effectively address issues
- Establish proactive relationship with others
- Elicit feedback from others
- Deliver high quality solutions that meet the organization' s needs
Company Business Knowledge – Understands the company, its products and the business processes.
- Have basic understanding of how a business operates
- Develop understanding of common business processes within the company
- Have and apply broad (two or more areas) company’ s business knowledge to technology solutions
Accountability – Holds self-accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results.
- Proactively collaborate between own functional area and areas below or above in the project stream as needed*
- Set well-defined and realistic personal goals
- Comply with established policies and procedures
- Accept responsibility for mistakes
- Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments
- Minimize re-work
- Seek out learning opportunities
- Identify training needs and take action to obtain knowledge
- Anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks
- Be enthusiastic for the things he/she sees as challenging
- Be proactive throughout work assignments /projects
- Persistently push self and others for results
- Make good decisions on behalf of the company (profitability, compliance
- Provide consistency between projects
Communication – Ability to communicate effectively across all levels to support departmental and organizational objectives.
- Clearly express information taking into account audience and nature of the information (for example, non-technical, sensitive, controversial)
- Ask questions and summarize what was heard to prevent miscommunication
- Present information in a concise and focused manner
- Listen to others
- Communicate written information (for example, facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner
- Produce written information, which may include technical material that is appropriate for the intended audience
- Share ideas and perspectives and encourage others to do the same
- Inform others involved in a project of new developments
- Ensure written messages have the desired effect on the target audience
Building Collaborative Relationships - Develops, maintains, and strengthens partnerships with others inside or outside the organization.
- Establish rapport with co-workers easily
- Encourage and facilitate cooperation, pride, trust and group identity
- Foster commitment and team spirit
- Work with others to achieve goals
- Listen and respond constructively to other team members' ideas
- Offer support for others' ideas and proposals
- Be open with other team members about his/her concerns
- Share his/her expertise with others
- Express disagreement constructively
- Acknowledge team members for their contributions
- Provide assistance to others when they need it
- Work for solutions that all team members can support
- Effectively persuade and influence team members to achieve goals
- Effectively collaborate with geographically distributed teams
Leadership – Displays effort and commitment in carrying out the department’ s goals and objectives.