2207 Bridgepointe Pkwy
Job Category: Java
Job Number: 19318
Senior AWS Software Engineer
- Design, develop, and deliver software to improve the reliability, scalability, high availability, capacity, and latency of Playstation Partner services
- Continuously deliver features that meet acceptance criteria such as build quality, unit tests, integration tests, application logging, and security.
- Work with distributed teams to ensure that components are properly developed, documented, instrumented to be reliably used, monitored, and debugged.
- Mentor junior developers
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS ·
- Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field
- 5+ years in a development
- 2+ years of experience developing and supporting AWS services, infrastructure and topologies
- Strong knowledge of both scripting languages (Bash, Python, Go etc.) and high level programming languages (such as Java and PHP)
- You can adapt the role of developer to modern DevOps.
- You have worked with security requirements and compliance with infrastructure, incident response, forensics and cloud architecture
- Familiar with REST principles.
- Experience evaluating systems for network, memory, and CPU performance
- Experience with Linux/Unix environments
- Knowledge and understanding of network theory and concepts such as TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, and load balancing
- Understanding of distributed systems and how to deal with very large datasets
- Experience with container technologies like Docker, rkt, and containerd
- Ability to articulate complex architectures to non-technical audiences
- Ability to document solutions and train operational teams on supportability
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS ·
- Is a AWS certified Solutions Architect
- Familiarity with container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes and Docker Swarm
- Familiarity with provisioning tools like Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with databases like RDS Postgres and search technology like Elasticsearch