831 S Douglas St, El Segundo, CA 90245
Job Category: Android Developer
Job Number: 19683
Our client is looking for a full-time Android Engineer that will be working closely with their team to help design and build scalable, high-traffic mobile apps. Essential duties and responsibilities include, you will be reporting to a Lead Engineer and Manager of Software Engineering but not limited to:
- Develop optimal software solutions for problems of scale.
- Provide input, oversight, and direction for integration of third party software with our existing mobile apps.
- Prototype and pilot new Android software product and initiatives.
- Plan and coordinate various project and software releases.
- Maintain a disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance within a rapid development environment.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- BA/BS required, preferably in a Computer Science or Business discipline.
- 4+ years of experience in a software development environment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience developing high volume, consumer facing Android apps
- Proficient with source code management using GIT, various workflows, and popular branching models
- Experience with TDD/BDD and various unit/integration testing libraries for Android
- Proficient with Java/Kotlin development for Android within Eclipse/Android Studio
- Proficient with Eclipse/Android Studio debugging tools and app optimization
- Proficient with development and troubleshooting across multiple Android SDK versions and devices
- Proficient with translating business requirements into custom UX/UI implementations
- Experience integrating 3rd party API’ s, libraries, and frameworks
- Experience with and solid understanding of OOP, MVC, MVP, and popular design patterns
- Experience with application performance optimization using client-side caching solutions
- Experience working with REST services
- Experience building software using agile development methodologies, including Scrum
- Experience integrating or using continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Travis CI, or Bamboo
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with, or understanding of Android or Android TV Apps application development
- One or more Android apps currently available in the Google Play Store
- Experience with video, video player, and DRM integration for Android applications
- LinkedIn or GitHub account showcasing your project experience and aptitude for engineering and product sense