221 S. Figueroa St, Ste. 500
Job Category: Telecom
Job Number: 19429
Avaya Telecom Engineer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The candidate selected for this role is expected to do the following duties and responsibilities for the organization:
- Installs and maintains the telecommunication systems.
- Plans and maintains the highly technical and logical configuration of phone system technologies.
- Responsible for phone system moves, adds and changes.
- Manages Telecommunication System performance and troubleshoots problems.
- Serves as the primary point of contact on the Help Desk Team for Telecom issues.
- Communicate and escalate Telecommunications Systems service issues to management or quick and efficient resolution.
- Responsible for all phone system backups and software upgrades.
- Maintains Telecommunication System security.
- Develops, implements and enforces security procedures.
- Maintains 99.99% uptime, utilizing monitoring system.
- Ensures High Availability and Disaster Recovery configuration is documented and tested on a regular basis.
- Create, monitor and escalate trouble tickets with service providers.
- Audits and processes monthly telecommunications invoices.
- Generates reports on telecommunications activities.
- Engages vendors for complex technical issues.
- Analyzes and maintains call flow analytics and adjusts configuration to meet business needs.
- Collaborates with outside vendors/project leads to provide knowledge of network and voice technologies to ensure successful implementations of new or changed systems
- Recommends telecom solutions for short-, medium-, and long-range network projects.
- Recommends changes to improve telecommunications systems configurations.
- Determines hardware and software requirements, related to those changes.
- Maintains accurate, up to date system documentation and circuit inventories.
- Maintains accurate, up to date equipment inventories and records of equipment assignments.
- Documents processes to identify and resolve issues.
- Develops, documents and implements, Telecommunication system standards and procedures.
- Trains users on Telecommunication System operations and provides technical resource support, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- Associates Degree required for the role
- Has working experience and knowledge with IP telephony design and implementation, including provisioning of circuit cards, trunking, and VoIP phones
- Has working experience and knowledge with multiple Tier I telecom vendors on a variety of products and services (MPLS, Voice, IP, Hosting, Wireless/Mobility, more)
- Can stay informed of new developments and technologies.
- Has great verbal/written communication skills.