1 MacArthur Place Suite 800
Contract To Hire
Job Category: Business Intelligence
Job Number: 19955
BI Engineer (OBIEE/Informatica)
- Analyze and translate business reporting and analytic requirements to model the physical data into reporting, dashboard, and visualization tools, import database objects and establish relationships between data elements, and define the connections to data environments.
- Analyze and translate business requirements into business reports and dashboards based off the reporting layer model by creating filters, joins, key definitions, and renaming source data columns and tables.
- Develop the presentation, metadata layer, and access controls to enable business users to develop and use reports.
- Provide expertise to the business with reporting, analytics and dashboards and provide insights into data that will drive business growth and performance.
- Collaborate with business end users to educate and help them create their own self-service reports.
- Develop dashboards and reports as needed, using knowledge of dashboard and data visualization best practices.
- Document standard business intelligence and analytic processes, metadata, and data definitions for end-users who can assist in analyzing and solving common user issues.
- Work closely with other departments, ensuring their data, reporting and analytics needs are met either by producing top quality reports, dashboards, and insights, or by training and providing them with what they need to produce those same dashboards.
- Work in a collaborative environment, work creatively and leverage innovation processes and techniques to deliver new insights.
- 6 years' experience report development using OBIEE toolset including RPD design.
- Ability to quantify and effectively identify user requirements for analytics and dashboards
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, to be able work side-by-side with business users.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft T-SQL
- Develop OBIEE RPD (Physical, BMM, Presentation Layers)
- Develop Business Intelligence Analyses and Dashboards.
- Experience in Excel using pivot tables, charts, functions and other advanced techniques.
- Experience in Tableau
- Experience in Informatica
- Experience in data platform security (SQL Server, OBIEE)
- Experience in data visualization tools (Tableau)
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience working with cloud-based data repositories.
- Experience working with dimensional data in a Data Warehouse environment and an operational reporting environment.
- Knowledge and expertise with Data Analytics techniques.
- Knowledge of Informatica ETL Design/Development.