10202 W Washington Blvd.
Job Category: Business Analyst
Job Number: 19725
- Establish and sustain strong on-going relationships with business and IT partners by working with the business and technical teams to define/clarify functional needs
- Collect, analyze, and design user and system needs by:
- Analyzing and understanding business challenges and requirements
- Mapping current business processes and workflows to the new system or service o Determining user experience, interface, and data migration/conversion requirements
- Creating stories, conducting design walkthroughs/reviews, and obtaining approvals
- Resolving any issues which may affect the business process
- Define and develop user stories along with functional & data requirements, process flows/diagrams, use cases, information needs, wireframes/mockups/interface designs, proposed solutions, presentations, test scenarios, training materials
- Manage the UAT process by performing smoke testing, defect management, communicating status, and conducting demos, and obtaining UAT approvals prior scheduled deployments
- Ensure that delivered functionality/system matches the functionality specified and that business is satisfied with IT services and products.
- Serve as a liaison to other teams in planning, coordination, development and deployment of multi-team enhancement or projects
- Understand, manage, escalate, mitigate, and communicate user expectations, status, risks/issues to all relevant IT and Business team members at all levels
- Manage a high degree of change in an extremely fast paced, complex, and demanding environment
- Participate in agile events, sprints, releases
- Assist in backlog prioritization, sprint & release scheduling and planning, etc
- Ensure training needs are met by training users in the functionality developed
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills on complex processes/issues
- Skilled proficiency in authoring and managing user story narratives and acceptance criteria and creating relevant work products (defined in “ responsibilities” above) required by the team.
- Mastery in MS Office Suite (Powerpoint, Excel, Word), Visio Diagrams/Flows, Image Creation/Editing tools for producing presentations, wireframes/design mockups, etc.
- High competency in verbal, written, listening, and presentation communication skills including ability to tailor communication to audience to achieve desired results.
- Expertise in interpersonal, relationship management, meeting facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Minimum 6 years of IT application and software development experience
- Hands on business analysis/interface design experience and work product examples
- Demonstrated success on complex enhancements/projects of all sizes throughout the entire life cycle
- Experience in navigating and accommodating a high level of change for demanding clients and adapting accordingly
- Solid working knowledge of Agile Framework, Software Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), and project management fundamentals