410 Terry Ave N
Job Category: Business Intelligence
Job Number: 19609
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Own and drive the BI planning and development processes
- Design, develop and maintain scalable, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support our analytical and business needs
- Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
- Develop data visualizations, automated tools, and complex models for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting
- Lead and develop a team of business intelligence engineers
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational/business planning or advanced degree
- Strong experience with ETL development, data modeling, data warehousing, MySQL, Tableau/Microstrategy, and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
- Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required.
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data.
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
- Strong grasp of quantitative data analysis and statistics.
- Experienced working in a fast-paced, high-tech environment and comfortable navigating conflicting priorities and ambiguous problems
- Strong track record in converting data analysis into tangible and significant real-world changes.
- MBA or Master’ s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Expert in writing and tuning SQL scripts
- Experience working in very large data warehouse environments
- 5+ years of experience in a data engineer or BIE role with a technology company
- Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support business decision making
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams