800 Corporate Pointe
Job Category: Telecom
Job Number: 19802
Cisco UC Engineer
This position works closely with engineering peers in various disciplines including Voice, Video, Mobility and VNOCC. The individual is expected to work with a level of independence & drive topics, syndication and communicate vision on complex topics to all levels. The role also includes providing some level of video conferencing and meeting support using Cisco conference rooms and infrastructure components.
Primary Function & Essential Responsibilities:
- Configure, troubleshooting and support of complex UC deployment. Identify technology gaps, recommend architecture/product changes to ensure platform performance.
- Ensure maintaining of high availability and stability of all Collaboration and Voice/Video Infrastructure technologies supported
- Serves as subject matter expert within the Cisco Unified Communications environment including voice, video, IM, CUBEs and Gateways
- Perform infrastructure system management, consulting, design and integration functions across multiple Unified Communications and Collaboration products
- Conducts and leads complex root cause analysis to correct systems, applications, software and hardware that are not compliant with design documents
- Work closely with external vendors on large and multifaceted infrastructure engineering projects
- Works closely with associated technology groups to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes
- Manage AV vendors and support teams across offices using well defined SLAs
- Develop routine maintenance and patching schedules to keep UC systems at highest uptime.
- Provide Engineering and Service desk staff with technical support and roadmaps of the UC systems.
- Design/Build - Create equipment list based on functional needs for new conference rooms builds.
- Work with Service desk and Engineering to verify system functionality and certification.
- Create standards and roadmaps around Unified Communication integration with the focus on ease of use for end-users and high availability.
- Ability to create Architectural plans for Audio visual systems and modify drawings to incorporate AV systems, document existing architecture and systems.
- Support the UC Cisco upgrade initiatives and help with implementation tasks.
- Support and maintain the Cisco UC platform (AV, phones, Webex, collaboration)
Skills & Abilities Experience Required:
- Cisco Unified Communication experience which include but not limited to: Call Manager, Unit, IM&P, Cisco Emergency Responder, Cisco CUBES and Gateways, TMS, VCS, Virtual Meetings Servers, Calabrio, UCCX and Prime Collaborations Suite
- Minimum 7 years working experience with UC systems is required at the engineer and design level
- Architect level experience with designing, implementing, and maintaining UC equipment
- 5 + years Cisco AV and telecom knowledge required
- Experience with Cisco WebEx
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized