15535 Sand Canyon
Job Category: Other Area(s)
Job Number: 18870
Under the direction of the Cloud Architect, design, develop and test technical solutions to extend and enhance our client’ s e-commerce platform in the cloud. The person selected for this role will analyze cloud technology trends for potential impact to the business technology strategy and recommend appropriate changes and areas of future enhancement for the company.
- Design, Build and migrate solutions to the cloud across the organization.
- Review existing application stacks and improve, where possible, by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Apply security fundamentals and best practices in the design and implementation of solutions.
- Secure the cloud ecosystem by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; maintaining documentation.
- Collaborate with IT Operations teams and project stakeholders to ensure successful execution of solution integration plans.
- Maintain a strong understanding of core IT infrastructure concepts: data centers, security, networking, storage, compute, and software applications.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the cloud services community and fellow team members.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking emerging Internet technologies; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Requirements for the Role:
- Education: Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related IT field required.
- Experience: four or more years of experience with at least one cloud provider (e.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure or similar), and 2+ years of experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Ability to leverage existing technologies to create simple, highly automated solutions with low maintenance overhead.
- Working knowledge of industry best practices in building redundant and highly-available environments in public clouds.
- Working knowledge of core cloud services on AWS, GCP, and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Working knowledge of cloud database and big data technologies, and any related tools.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems, including but not limited to Ubuntu, Red Hat, or CentOS.
- Working knowledge of WAN, LAN, TCP/IP networking concepts.
- Working knowledge of the HTTP protocol.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash PowerShell, Python, or Perl.
- Familiarity with DevOps and IT Automation tools such as Terraform and Ansible.
- Ability to work with high traffic websites, update, monitoring, and maintenance strategies.
- Ability to analyze web traffic and identify problems and unusual trends.
- Strong sense of accountability towards the stability of our system.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Experience with VMWare ESXi.
- Experience in working with load balancers and Global Traffic Managers.
- Experience in working with DNS servers.
- Experience in working with CDNs (e.g. Akamai).