10202 W Washington Blvd.
Contract To Hire/Perm
Job Category: Cloud
Job Number: 19263
The Senior Cloud Engineer, Internet Systems Technology (IST) will be a core member of a technical team that’ s responsible for designing, building and supporting cloud infrastructure and platform for Enterprise Cloud Services of our client.
The successful applicant will be part of a small, fast, and integrated team. The role requires a comprehensive understanding of cloud service provider capabilities – primarily Amazon Web Services; secondarily Azure. The role’ s primary focus is to construct and manage cloud service provider environments as per various business requirements and security guidelines. This role will ensure that these enterprise' s cloud environments are setup and managed efficiently for higher availability and cost effectiveness.
Additional responsibilities will be team cross-training and working with other parts of the organization to requirements.
1. Cloud Development: 40%
- Implement and optimize cloud infrastructure including initial and ongoing configuration of related automation, notifications, and reporting capabilities.
- Implement and maintain cloud security controls (identity and access management, risk and compliance, etc.).
- Implement and maintain cloud infrastructure for appropriate disaster recovery, high availability, fail over, and/or redundancy for cloud deployed applications.
2. Cloud Services Support 50%
- Identify and troubleshoot cloud service events and issues as well as work with cloud service providers to efficiently solve issues or implement workarounds.
- Plan and lead an engagement with application teams adopting cloud solutions.
- Understands software engineering practices and the impact they have on efficient and effective use of DevOps and cloud solutions.
- Clearly articulates and explains complex concepts and technologies to a non-technical audience
- Adapt to rapidly evolving environment and frequent transitions of technologies and teams.
3. Provide oral and written status reports to IT management and customer support: 10%
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and verbal communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other teams, solving complex system problems together.
- Work with application teams to migrate Legacy/On-Prem applications to cloud environments.
- Work with Information Security, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development organizations to choose appropriate technology solutions and facilitate complete integration into cloud environments.
- Develop and refine standards in partnership with Information
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- BA/BS Required
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Enterprise Linux operating system administration
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Windows Server operating system administration
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Cloud Service Providers (Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Hypervisors
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing full stack applications
- Minimum 5 years of experience in enterprise environments
- Amazon Web Services or Azure certification
- Implement and evolve many security policies and controls (e.g. CIS, malware, anti-virus, secret management)
- Secure development and integration of DevOps tooling (Jenkins, GitHub Enterprise, Consul, Vault, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Manager Resource templates, workflows, vendor SaaS, etc.)
- Deploying and use of configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, etc.)
- Deploying, securing, and maintaining (operationalizing) web application stacks (LAMP, J2EE, WISA, MEAN, etc.)
- Expertise in web servers (Apache, NGINX, IIS, etc.)
- Expertise in databases and other storage systems (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, NFS, CIFS, Redis, ELK, etc.)
- Expertise in languages and language runtimes (PHP, Java, .NET, Node.js, etc.)
- Expertise in application integration technologies (WS-*, REST, SSO, OAuth, etc.)
- Strong understanding of browser and network functionality.
- Deploying and administering of hardened virtualization technologies (VMWare, KVM, XEN, etc.)
- Deploying and administering of hardened Linux and Windows servers
- Experience in large secure heterogeneous server and network infrastructure (DNS, load balancers, switches, etc.)
- Container management wanted (Docker, k8s, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to work effectively with team members, clients and other areas of the IT environment
- Strong written and oral communications
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, strong decision-making skills and make sound judgment decisions
- Work effectively with team members, clients and other areas of IT
- Handle multiple tasks and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Deliver on time