12881 Bradley Ave.
Job Category: Business Analyst
Job Number: 19321
Retail Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of our Engineered Labor Standards using a predetermined time methodology (MOST). Conducts studies in operations to maximize work flow and spatial utilization. Interacts with key business stakeholders on projects. Helps to identify business needs through interviews with stakeholders. Delivers labor impact information required to support store process change associated with key projects.
Key Result Areas / Goals
Development and maintenance
Develop and maintain labor standards and store processes.
- Develop and maintain of labor standards utilizing the MOST predetermined time methodology.
- Evaluate new business proposals and proposed store process changes to understand impact to store labor hours.
Recommendations and improvements
Perform analyses and provide recommendations for improvement to labor management processes.
- Provide recommendations for store methods and labor management improvements.
- Provide insight in facility layout and store work flow design.
- Provide appropriate analysis to support recommendations on changes and facility improvement.
- Perform research in support of key operations management decisions related to store process and service level management.
- Expert in queue management and analysis of labor standards to ensure queue requirements are accounted for within our labor standards.
- Continuous review of labor model to find areas for simplification. Included the updating of store characteristics, store profiles, and labor volume drivers.
- Complete annual renewal / refresh of labor standards to ensure all business changes are considered.
- Provide support to the workforce systems team to ensure labor standards are properly configured to drive the appropriate labor hour’ s forecasts in enterprise workforce management system.
Collaborate with key business stakeholders and senior management.
- Act as the industrial engineering liaison to key business stakeholders.
- Interact with Directors, VPs, to provide expert opinion on labor allocation decisions and impact studies (for example: case ready meat, project fix).
Maintaining enterprise knowledge of Applications
Provide ongoing application configuration, interface, and other application technical tasks
- Has autonomy to make decisions on the configuration method used to build labor standards in the labor model.
- Has decision authority related to labor impact studies, this individual’ s recommendation on labor impact of a business process change is accepted as an expert opinion.
- Individual has decision making authority on work prioritization.
- Individual has decision authority over the labor recommendations and engineering methods utilized by the retail industrial engineer 1 and 2.
- Individual will support decisions on the hiring of 3rd party engineering services on an as needed basis.
- Individual will participate in the hiring process for retail industrial engineers 1 and 2.
Bachelor’ s Degree
Six Sigma, Black Belt