7060 Hollywood Blvd.
Job Category: Data Architect
Job Number: 18946
You will be responsible for all our client’ s data solutions associated to their subscriber base, such as designing and monitoring data feeds between internal databases and external vendors that drive marketing initiatives. This data will be used by marketing and technology team members to create personalized communications to our fans sent through automated journeys in Salesforce Marketing Cloud. There will also be operational duties including documentation, monitoring, fixing and troubleshooting of these data solutions for the company
- Design, Develop, Test, Implement and Support of Marketing Technology applications using custom ETL (Java), tools such as Business Objects Data services or open source tools such as Streamsets, Talend, etc.
- Prepare high level component architecture, design document, data flow diagrams, detail design document, system requirement document, technical specifications, table level specs and test plan documents.
- Design and develop highly available and scalable data pipelines, data storage systems and availability/access for Marketing Technology solutions
- Data migration / integrations across databases, servers and software
- Complete ad hoc data analysis to answer business questions, troubleshoot data issues and present solutions
- Research, analyze and prepare logical and physical data models and optimize the data structures to enhance data load times and end-user data access response times
- Collaborate with Solution Engineers (e.g., Salesforce Marketing Cloud Engineers) and other domain-specific SMEs (such as data services, data sciences) to identify the best data solutions
- Ensure testing and validation best practices are followed across the team so that accuracy of data transformations and data verification is complete and documented.
- Develop and implement scripts for monitoring of the data pipelines
- Responsible for creating processes to ensure the data quality of the information collected.
- Lead technical resource planning and level-of-effort estimation to support project scoping, pricing and planning
- On-board and manage developers in building designed solutions
- Coach and mentor junior engineers, establish best practices for the team and perform code reviews
- Work with Project Manager to remove any blockers to help deliver project in timely manner with high quality
- Stay on top of industry trends and advise on new data engineering strategies that will contribute to improving the business
Attributes needed for the Role:
We are looking for candidates who enjoy designing complex technology, tracking down issues, working independently and have the desire to solve technical problems (such as customer and event data discrepancies and performance issues). The candidate must be a creative thinker, confident and able to express ideas in a clear, well thought out manner. Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines is a must. Teamwork, solid written and oral communication skills and the ability to think on your feet are expected. Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and have strong multi-tasking abilities.
Qualifications for the Role:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology or related fields is required
- 5+ years of related technical and managerial experience
- 2+ years of leading database or application implementation projects
- Understanding of relational database concepts, SQL and procedural SQL (in Teradata a plus)
- SQL programming skills, including the ability to write complex subqueries
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, strategic thinker and visionary, self-motivated
- Good time management and ability to work on concurrent assignments with different priorities - Ability to work in a fast paced, iterative development environment with short turn-around times
- Ability to approach technical challenges from a business perspective
- Ability to problem solve, resolve conflicts, attend to details, and execute
- Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral), with experience producing technical and design documentation of complex processes
- Strong software development process background, preferably using Agile methodologies such as Scrum
Experience in the following areas a plus:
- Data warehousing techniques for Dimensional data modeling, Data Profiling, Change Data Capture, Data Cleansing, Slowly Changing Dimension, surrogate key assignment
- MPP/Columnar data warehouse solutions
- Java, Python to program, manipulate and analyze data
- JSON, Avro, Parquet, ORC file formats
- Stream-processing systems
- AWS environments: EC2, S3, Athena, RDS