925 4th Ave
Job Category: Data Warehouse
Job Number: 18876
The Senior Data Engineer position works on a central team of Systems Engineers supporting distributed data platforms for our Technical Shared Service development teams and customers. The primary focus of this position will be the on boarding, support and management of non-relational database stores and systems, and the automation of operational and business processes in supporting internet sites and online applications for the client' s company. Responsibilities include data technology guidance and consultation, design support, task automation and scripting, best practice and standards development, capacity planning, optimization and tuning, upgrades and migrations, performance management, monitoring, security, backup and recovery, issue troubleshooting, and documentation.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE:
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Administration, Mathematics or a related field.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist).
- 3+ years of Programming experience manipulating and analyzing data (Python, Java and/or Scala)
- Experience building robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using Airflow, SQL, Python and Spark.
- Experience with streaming data, Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming.
- Experience in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing.
- Data Warehousing Experience with Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, Snowflake etc.
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources.
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.) such as S3, EC2, and EMR (Spark) etc
- MS, MBA, or PhD a plus from a top institution (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Administration, Mathematics or a related field)
- Experience working in AWS environment – preferably AWS Certification completed
- Software engineering mindset and strive to write elegant, maintainable code and you' re comfortable working in a variety of tech stacks
- Practical Knowledge of Linux or Unix shell scripting
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Software development and design.