400 Spectrum Center Drive Suite 1680
Job Category: Big Data
Job Number: 19901
Our client is urgently looking for an experienced Data Quality Team Lead. The lead will responsible for the creation and direction of the quality assurance/control processes to ensure the data delivered to our customers is of the highest quality. The lead shall be proficient in the design, implementation, and automation of quality assurance/control processes for the data. The lead will work on projects in the Data Warehousing, Data Analytics, and Data Staging environments.
The Data Quality Team Lead will be responsible for all aspects of quality control. This includes ensuring all data standards are followed according to the business needs. The lead must possess excellent organizational, communication and problem-solving skill sets. The lead must also have a thorough understanding of criminal data specializing in data normalization, standardization, and data cleansing techniques.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Comprehend and ensure the data, business, and regulatory requirements in maintaining Personally Identifiable Information and personal characteristics of a consumer are met.
- Train employees on criminal terminology and criminal data best practices.
- Lead in the ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data transformations, data quality, and data cleansing.
- Conduct meetings with team to discuss deliverables and understanding of strategic priorities to meet the business and client needs.
- Develop strategies to promote team cohesion to meet goals.
- Proactively identify areas of risks in the data processing lifecycle.
- Generates and distributes comprehensive and detailed reports on team performance, projects and goals.
- Lead the design and creation of processes and tools to monitor and improve data quality.
- Lead the design and creation of processes and documentation where such processes and/or documentation does not exist in relation to quality assurance and/or control.
- Train employees in test planning, writing, execution and results analysis.
- Provide complete analytical support including retrieving data, organizing, interpreting data and verification.
- Minimum 5 years-experience working with criminal data specializing in data normalization, standardization, and data cleansing techniques.
- Minimum 5 years of SQL/TSQL experience which includes views and stored procedures.
- College degree or IT related degree preferred.
- Prior work-experience as a lead is a must.
- Prior work-experience in quality control is a must.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to interact with the business to gather requirements and transform them into technical solutions.
- Analytical skills to create solutions for unique requirements.
- Ability to model and document processes and data flows.
- Exceptionally self-motivated, self-directed, and able to maintain focus in a rapidly changing environment.
- Meticulous and methodical in creating solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to communicate in detail as well as abstractions.
- Familiarity with Jira/Confluence is a plus.
- Familiarity with Kanban method is a plus.