Sr Database Engineer
The successful candidate will work with multiple global site leaders, Business Analysts, Software Developers, Database Engineers, Product Management, and Finance, in addition to stakeholders in sales, marketing and service teams to create a coherent customer view. He/she will:
· Mentor and develop database engineers and database administrator.
· Develop and improve the current data architecture for AWS Support Redshift, MySQL and Hadoop/Hbase Cluster.
· Keep up to date with advances in data persistence and big data technologies and run pilots to design the data architecture to scale with the increased data sets of advertiser experience.
· Database & Application (SQL & PL/SQL) performance tuning, plan stability, hints, analytical queries.
· Monitor and maintain database security and database software
· Root cause analysis of production-related database issues
· Daily maintenance, monitoring, problem resolution and internal customer/development support
· Review, design and develop data models in conjunction with the application development teams
· On-call for production databases on a rotation basis
· Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
· 6+ years of experience developing data management systems, tools and architectures using MySQL databases, Redshift and/or other distributed computing systems.
· Familiarity with new advances in the big data space such as Hadoop/ EMR and NoSQL technologies like Dynamo DB.
· Experience designing and operating very large Data Warehouses and web facing online transaction processing databases.
· Proficient in Linux, and programming languages such as R, Python, Ruby or Java.
· Master’ s degree in Information Systems or a related field.
· Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new datasets quickly.
· Experience with MPP databases such as Greenplum or Vertica.
· Experience with Java and Map Reduce frameworks such as Hive/Hadoop.
· Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
· An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is occurring and ambiguity is the norm.