2049 Century Park East 41st Floor
Job Category: System Engineer
Job Number: 19208
Our client is pioneering the consumer experience with the convergence of digital and physical environments and they are looking for a Desktop Architect to be part of a growing global IT department who is a collaborative and experienced management systems professional. As a Desktop Architect, you will be an essential member of the company’ s IT Technology Operations Team. You will be responsible for deploying and administering technology solutions for their employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will provide the tools for your peers to support our customers. You will test and recommend the technologies for our customers and find creative ways to deploy and manage these technologies.
- You will orchestrate efforts across our multi-disciplinary team of business leaders, technology experts, and vendors. We will expect you to bring your skills and intuition to deliver compelling technical solutions, superior execution, and visible results.
- Determine what needs to be done. Secure alignment with the Customer Experience Manager to understand the needs of the company’ s employees to provide a superior customer experience.
- Test and implement tools to efficiently deploy and support technology for our customers.
Track the work effort. Self-prioritize ongoing tasks and proactively communicate roadblocks (external dependencies, approvals, scope creep, etc.) to the Customer Experience Manager.
- Coordinate with members of the Global Service Desk to identify problems and troubleshoot escalated issues.
- Provide ownership of assigned products or service areas.
- Deploy technology to employees. Deploy software, updates, and tools to employees to continually improve performance and to resolve persistent issues.
- Work with the Customer Experience Manager to update metrics and performance indicators. Create documents to be used by the Global Service Desk’ s support team to facilitate customer support.
- Train customers on best practices for technology usage.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
Tools and Technology
- You should be familiar with one or more configuration management tools such as SCCM, Chef, Jamf Pro, etc. with an expert knowledge on the Mac and PC platforms.
- You should be able to identify, research, and solve any software or hardware issue. You should have experience with maintaining tasks using web-based software tools such as ServiceNow, Jira, or similar.
- You should be able to create bullet point-free presentations in Keynote or PowerPoint (or a suitable open source alternative) and should be able to quickly generate visual materials such as screencasts, annotated screenshots, animated GIFs, and diagrams (using tools like Visio)
- You should have some knowledge with agile methods and the concepts behind continuous delivery. While we do not strictly adhere to specific agile frameworks, you should understand the basics of use cases, user stories, sprints, and milestones.
- You should have some familiarity and experience with established design research methods.
- We expect you to have a passion and some experience in a customer service environment. You must have a strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills.
- We are most interested in candidates exhibiting a passion for details, solving problems, simplicity, quality, and moving quickly.