City of Industry,
Job Category: Desktop
Job Number: 19964
This individual will monitor our clients’ endpoints, respond to alerts, and assist client with hardware and software problems via phone, email, remote-control tools and at the client site. This position may be assigned specific customers or may go from one customer site to another as needed.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support incidents and adhere to all service management principles.
- Document all incidents into our ticketing system, updating tickets regularly.
- Respond to inquiries from clients and help them resolve hardware or software problems.
- Resolve issues through client interaction and/or using remote support tools.
- Triage issues to determine appropriate escalation
- Take on escalations from the internal service desk team due to client site break/fix need
- Provides initial support for incidents and requests for moves/adds/changes and Reactive Support incidents and requests while onsite
- Manages their queues and resolves tickets from Highest Priority to Lowest, and from oldest to newest ticket within the queue.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems and/or Microsoft certification(s) preferred.
- Three years of experience in IT, working in a structured support environment including managing support tickets, diagnostics, escalation routines, and issue resolution closure
- Experience with service desk management tools (i.e. ticketing system, remote monitoring tools)
- Familiar with standard desktop and server applications and backup software
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Office 365 and MS Office suite within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Exchange Servers
- Basic knowledge of network protocols, and configurations.
- One year of experience in IT, working in a structured support environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems.
- Solid customer service skills.
- Experience in PC hardware set-up, imaging, configuration and troubleshooting.