2000 Avenue of the stars
Job Category: Desktop
Job Number: 19212
Our client is looking for a key member of the desktop support team, providing assistance to other team members. The candidate selected for this role will be providing exemplifying excellent customer service skills and enthusiasm, manage desktop system deployment projects, focusing on the successful roll-out of applications that improve productivity, efficiency and otherwise provide tools that enable the organization.
This person is a member of a customer service focused IT organization and will be responsible for being a key contributor to the desktop support team. This role is responsible for investigating and resolving software and hardware problems for the company' s user community. This position will be based in our client’ s Century City office with some travel to the Downtown Los Angeles, Santa Monica and other offices as required. Customer service is the key with responsibilities that include:
- Tracking, resolving and closing helpdesk tickets.
- Answering, evaluating and prioritizing incoming support requests from associates experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, etc.
- Monitoring and managing helpdesk tickets and issue tracking system.
- Installing computer hardware and software.
- Providing training on the proper use of systems and software.
- Supporting iPhone, iPad, Android and other mobile devices.
- Assisting staff with the setup of audio, video and web conferencing.
- Assisting with and training users on digital white boards and presentation systems.
- Supporting and assisting associates with phone system.
- Providing support for digital imaging and printing.
- Providing remote assistance for associates in remote offices.
- Troubleshooting, identifying and escalating issues requiring urgent attention.
- Other tasks as requested by IT management.
System and Software Provisioning and Inventory Management
- Assisting with software and hardware procurement.
- Processing, tracking orders and ensuring delivery to IT staff and associates.
- Helping to maintaining inventory of hardware devices and software licenses.
- Helping with hardware and software deployment projects (i.e. OS upgrades).
- Configuring wireless provider accounts and provisioning mobile devices.
- Helping to manage provider accounts (e.g. Amazon, CDW, etc.).
- Assist in managing accounts for approved cloud apps (e.g. Asana, Slack, etc.)
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Bachelor’ s degree, preferably in computer science.
- Exceptional customer service/people skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office suite) in a mixed platform environment.
- Familiar with project management software and tools.
- Excellent knowledge of communications software (e.g. Outlook) in a mixed platform environment.
- Excellent knowledge of installing and supporting hardware peripherals and networked devices on desktop computers in a mixed platform environment.
- Experience with remote desktop applications (RDP for example).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Act as a positive, friendly team player with the ability to work independently.
- Must have an excellent work ethic, attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.