We are looking to hire a Senior DevOps (Infrastructure) Engineer who will focus on enhancing the performance and reliability of our client’ s development team with their knowledge of micro-service scaling best practices. Our ideal candidate has strong working knowledge of Docker, and Service Oriented Architecture. Experience and knowledge of Rancher or Kubernetes is very helpful. This position will report to the Infrastructure Manager and will be a primary on-call escalation for infrastructure issues and problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure up-time for core infrastructure services such as databases, continuous deployment tools, testing and production environments.
· Constantly working to improve our development and production deployment process.
· Rotating on-call coverage for nights and weekends to provide 24-hour support.
· Build and deploy new infrastructure services in languages like Ruby or Rust.
· Work closely with Development team members to debug and answer questions related to deployment and infrastructure.
EDUCATION BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Experience administrating Linux Servers in production.
· Experience running Docker in production.
· Experience with Chef, Puppet or similar system deployment framework.
· Knowledge of BASH scripting.
· Comfortable in a language like Ruby or Python.
· Previous experience as a developer or supporting and working closely with developers.
· Ruby Programming Experience/Knowledge
· Ruby on Rails Administration Experience
· Knowledge of Solr, Redis and/or Memcached.
· Knowledge/Experience with Setup or administration of Kubernetes.