Irvine (Southern CA),
Job Category: DevOps
Job Number: 19940
Senior DevOps Engineer
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’ s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
The venture is launching a computer vision-based platform that tackles the most significant causes of unsafe behavior in industrial manufacturing settings, utilizing cameras to sense, detect, predict and prevent unsafe behavior and accidents before they occur in manufacturing plants. Our mission is to create the world’ s first technology solution for proactive safety in industrial goods.
We are looking for a talented Senior DevOps Engineer with a passion for entrepreneurship to join this team.
- Build and own cloud platform operations. Responsibilities range from production environment build, deployments to automation and performance tuning.
- Anticipate operational problems by monitoring system performance and studying operating targets. Recommend solutions to operational problems identified.
- Work closely with development team to manage system lifecycle including change and configuration management
- Troubleshoot any emergency infrastructure incident to achieve optimal application performance and stability
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- 5+ years of relevant experience building AWS based, scalable, and highly available distributed infrastructure
- Experience with on-prem infrastructure and deployment
- Expert knowledge of Docker for building and maintaining production container environments
- Expert knowledge *NIX OS' s, networking, VPCs, network optimization, cloud cost optimization, monitoring
- Deep knowledge in network/cloud security and OWASP
- Experience and deep knowledge in AWS
- EC2, VPS, S3, RDS, Lambda, EBS, CodeDeploy, ElasticSearch, EKS (Kubernetes), Parameter Store, GuardDuty, Fargate, Config, Cloudwatch
- Experience in Serverless apps and automation
- Experience in Terraform or other infrastructure as code
- Experience with container deployment of Node.js and PostgresSQL
- Experience in production support (infrastructure and service operation) for large scale deployment, including performance engineering
- Experience in source control and continuous delivery tools (Gitlab, Github)
IDEALLY YOU WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor' s or Master’ s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Good understanding of event management, incident management and problem management
- Experience with machine learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch)
- Knowledge of data science basics and genuine interest in computer vision