3301 Exposition Blvd
Job Category: DevOps
Job Number: 19571
What you will be doing as a DevOps Engineer?
- Plan and execute the migration of all types of workloads to cloud providers such as AWS.
- Build and support Linux servers in enterprise environments.
- Deep understanding and experience with configuration management tools.
- Mastery of infrastructure as code, as it relates to Terraform and Troposphere with AWS.
- Familiarity with CI tools, GitHub, Docker, and container orchestration tools.
- Working closely with App Devs to build out CI/CD pipelines and workflows.
- Creatively solve new complex problems while trying to keep the solution simple.
- Script with languages such as Python or Ruby.
- Participate in on-call escalation chain as well as off-hour maintenances.
- Develop highly repeatable processes and have a desire to AUTOMATE EVERYTHING.
We' d love to chat if you have:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4-6 years of disciplined software engineering experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- 3+ years of experience managing and maintaining large scale Linux environments
- 2+ years working with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt Stack
- 3+ years of experience managing and supporting systems in AWS or other cloud providers
- 3+ years of experience using version control systems such as Git and Subversion
- 2+ years of working with developers in an Agile methodology environment
- 2+ years of experience managing and working with CI tools such as Jenkins, TravisCI, and GoCD
- Strong experience using standard server software such as MySQL, Apache and Nginx
- Maintain a positive can-do partnership attitude while working with teams, cross-functional teams and cross-functional business units
- Detail oriented, self-organized, and capable of simultaneously tracking multiple issues of varying complexity
- Communicate fluently, presenting complex information in a way that is easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences
- Great team player!
The following is desirable:
- Experience working in virtualized server environments
- Strong Google-Fu skillsets.
- Eagle eye attention to detail.
- Great team player!