6312 S Fiddlers Green Cir
Contract To Hire
Job Category: DevOps
Job Number: 19299
- Responsible for the design, customization, and implementation of robust, secure, scalable systems across n-tier platforms. The Engineer will also help set the product direction and be responsible for evaluating and incorporating emerging standards and new technologies.
- Act as subject matter expert during the deployment of new and existing initiatives/systems. Including enhancements, upgrades, updates, and patches if applicable included in environment.
- Perform all phases of engineering, including: requirements analysis, application configuration, integration, development, testing and maintenance to support multiple platforms. Designing and implementing configuration management and automation through orchestration
- Provide efficiencies by working with various groups to identify and automate manual tasks. Ensure finished product meets requirements and streamlines processes.
- Work collaboratively to establish roadmaps, determine new features and capabilities, while aligning with adopted best practice frameworks such as ITIL. Ensure that the user interface to these applications are intuitive and easy to use.
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate engineering operations. Own and drive initiatives spanning multiple teams using these tools.
- Design, build, implement, and support CI/CD framework
- Build highly scalable and available distributed systems on cloud based platform
- Build monitoring, supervision, and resiliency mechanisms to observe, react to, and maintain platform health and performance
- Perform deployments, upgrades, configurations in a controlled, pre-production, and production environment with strict operating perimeters
- Develop and support processes to maintain uptime, SLAs, security, and availability of critical platform components
- Oversee all aspects of infrastructure integration including configuration of new and existing systems on multiple platforms, security, operating system administration, software installation, and maintenance and upgrades.
- Lead the integration of the Systems Administration team through an ongoing evolution and improvement, through tighter integration and collaboration.
- Seek out and implement new technologies to continually simplify the environment while improving security and performance.
- Review software update release notes, ensure compatibility, communicate feature changes to employees, and validate updates to the system.
- Works closely with IT Helpdesk and Restaurant Support to ensure appropriate project documentation is available in the Transition/Run book for each new initiative or enhancement release. This also applies for changed/modified functionality on a new product or service.
- Support, resolve and document issues that arise in the architecture. This may include reviewing designs and recommending improvements to the architecture.
- Work across IT teams to ensure the environment is fully utilizing available technology to enhance productivity and improve work processes.
- Coordinates with appropriate personnel to evaluate system capabilities and translate operational requirements into system configuration development.
- Continuous education and market knowledge development to understand new trends within existing solutions as well as new initiatives as it relates to existing systems.
- Approaches projects and stakeholders in an empathetic manner to understand the needs and the best approach of how to accomplish the intended results in a collaborative way. Fosters communication among all involved with the product/system being developed.
- Point of technical escalation for Project Managers and other IT Resources during product/system testing and deployment.
- Adhere to organizational ITIL and ITSM standards
- Support the Business Solution Architect’ s design/architect and facilitates final technical review and approval of development
- Be able to work independently and in a team environment managing a range of situations involving business stakeholders, vendor partners and technical resources.
- Complete projects thoroughly and according to project plans
- Submit detailed records in a timely manner (time sheets, tickets, reports, etc).
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled team meetings
- Available for on-call and emergency response as needed
- Identify and escalate business and technical opportunities as appropriate
- Off hour work and overnight travel may be required
- Maintain a high level of professionalism with business stakeholders, vendors and staff.
- Perform all responsibilities in alignment with the core values of the company.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science (preferred)
- Associate’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years of experience with administering, monitoring and securing Windows-based systems.
- 3+ years of experience with administering, monitoring, and securing Linux-based systems
- 3+ years of experience with operations and DevOps on AWS (EC2, S3, IAM, RDS, ELB, CloudFront, CloudFormation, etc.)
- 2+ years’ experience managing cloud-based solutions in Azure, including architecting, implementing and supporting Microsoft Azure infrastructure and topologies.
- Expert experience with automation/configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with DevOps tools such as well as helping companies roll out sound DevOps processes and practices is critical.
- Familiarity with Docker/Kubernetes and other container orchestration tools
- Advanced knowledge of utility scripting languages (e.g., Bash, Python, etc.)
- Expert knowledge with both Linux and Windows system administration
- Experience with containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Experience with software development practices – Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Agile/SCRUM, and Source Code Management (GIT) e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Shell Scripting in Windows environments
- Expert knowledge in automating tasks using PowerShell
- Strong experience with log aggregation and analysis (ELK, SumoLogic, Splunk, etc.)
- Strong experience with monitoring tools (Nagios, Sensu, Solarwinds, CloudWatch, etc.)
- Experience in ITIL a plus
- The role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to provide solutions to a customer’ s technical business problem.