925 N La Brea Ave
Job Category: DevOps
Job Number: 19743
Our client is looking for an exceptional DevOps Engineer; the selected candidate for this role will be responsible for managing infrastructure through multiple product releases with a passion for reliability, consistency, and security. You should be fluent in UNIX first-principles, able to quickly make sense of a given situation at least using purely through standard command line tools in order to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and effectively, often under pressure. You should be able to detect anti-patterns and make choices on-the-fly to eliminate or mitigate their effects.
Responsibilities include seamlessly refactoring production infrastructure while making accurate decisions for future capacity expansion, performance tuning of heterogenous cloud resources such as RDS, Elasticsearch, Message Queues, and of course compute. This position will be part of a great team that is developing exciting products and solutions and playing a key part in driving forward the electrification of transportation.
- Provisions and maintains legacy (non-automated) AWS infrastructure for Production and pre-prod environments across multiple streams while building automation pipelines and tools to enforce infrastructure-as-code moving forward.
- Works cross-functionally engineering teams on more efficient ways to automate and operate infrastructure.
- Assists in all deployments of new services and capacity augmentation.
- Develop and utilize an intimate understanding of complex interdependent systems to increase redundancy and performance systemwide.
- Participates in the ground-up infrastructure design and planning for all future products and services.
- Troubleshoots errors with proprietary and open source applications in production and pre-production environments.
- Monitors the health and status of assigned systems.
- Creates and maintains policies, standards and overall system documentation.
- Traces defects through a cutting-edge service-oriented architecture to find root cause.
- Creates new metrics and identifies monitoring deliverables to improve site reliability.
- BS or Master’ s degree in Computer science or a related field
- 7+ years of experience in software development or technical operations
- 2+ years of Docker & Kubernetes experience
- 3+ years of AWS experience
- 3+ years of experience with Jenkins or any CI/CD platform
- Experience deploying and maintaining an Elastic Search cluster.
- Deployed high-availability zone applications which require little or no downtime via multi-zone and multi-region setup.
- Experience in setup and execution of Disaster Recovery infrastructure and processes.
- Experience in configuration management using Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Experience in at least one scripting language like Ruby or Python
- Experience in Java programming language.
- Experience in setup and operation of VPN, VPC, and routing across AWS services.
- You understand networks, protocols, servers, storage systems, operating systems.
- Familiar with common application and system level health monitoring systems.
- Understands that security is not an afterthought and designs security into every system they create.