12181 Bluff Creek Drive Fox Sports Bldg., 3rd Floor
Contract To Hire
Job Category: DevOps
Job Number: 19113
Who are we looking for?
The Principal DevOps Engineer is a part of an innovative team for our client, who are on a continuous mission of building bulletproof, scalable, secure private and public cloud environments for our customers and users.
If you think hard is fun, and get bored easily if you aren’ t challenged, this might be the place for you. We want someone who has an insatiable thirst for technology, desire to learn and grow – individually, with the team, and the business. Someone who has a passion to lead, architect, design, document and implement comprehensive platform solutions using security best practices.
This is an extremely challenging position but would be the perfect fit for someone who wants to contribute and grow.
- The Principal DevOps Engineer is responsible for all tasks related to the performance, stability, reliability, efficiency, and security to both the sites and the general team operations. Responsibility also extends to how incidents are managed and operated.
- Proactive relationship building and communication essential in this role. This includes engagements with internal clients, and 3rd-Parties to ensure continuous improvements in system architecture, deployments, automation, and configuration management.
- Establish the service delivery culture for our business, building best-in-class service engineering capabilities in the DevOps team.
- Work across the engineering team to influence software development to meet the cloud needs and influence product and cloud engineering to improve the manageability and the supportability of the cloud products.
- Design and develop complete end to end automation environment using configuration/auto-scaling tools.
- Define standards for configuration, monitoring, reliability, scalability, performance optimization and capacity planning of new infrastructure focused on 99.9%+ uptime.
- Respond to off-hours and weekend emergency alerts, alarms, and requests, in keeping with the team' s on-call rotation schedule.
- Strategize with the teams to develop new technology initiatives with a primary focus on availability, supportability, scalability, security, and performance.
- Configure and tune an enterprise monitoring and instrumentation system(s) to efficiently detect existing issues and predict future issues based on trends.
- Stay up-to-date with technology. Recurrently advance your technical skill-sets.
- Continuously improve via taking justifiable risks, not being afraid to fail.
- Be flexible and at the same time push back respectfully to ensure we are doing what is best for the company in the long run.
- Hold vendors accountable and set the bar high, ensure they deliver above expectations.
- Challenge the status quo by recommending / pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
Requirements for the Role:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as an individual contributor in a systems administration/development or DevOps role working on highly scalable distributed systems.
- Experience supporting mission-critical platforms, both physical and virtualized environments, using CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu.
- Strong experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible (preferred), Puppet or Chef.
- Solid understanding of end-to-end technology stacks which include but is not limited to OS, Network, Application, Relational & Nonrelation Databases, interacting with APIs and Security (network & application).
- A solid understanding of cloud-based architectures and concepts. Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of/in AWS and GCP (including serverless technologies, APIs, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Experience implementing self-service solutions to reduce workload on the DevOps team and allow Development and business teams be more self-sufficient.
- Proficiency in high level languages such as Python (preferred), Ruby or Go and working on software projects in a collaborative environment such as Bitbucket or Git.
- Strong knowledge and experience in automation.
- Proven experience leading positive change, cultivating product technology visions and innovative solutions, and fostering effective engineering practices and culture.
- Experience in driving process improvements, with a strong focus on leveraging technology for the establishment of fluid interactions and interfaces between teams.
- Ability to communicate and transfer knowledge clearly and effectively in both technical and non-technical manners.
- Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.