6080 Center Drive. 10th Floor
Job Category: DevOps
Job Number: 18941
Do you want to be part of an engineering team that focus on building solutions that maximizes use of emerging technologies to transform our business to achieve superior value and scalability? Do you want a career opportunity that combines your skills as an engineer and passion for video gaming? Are you fascinated by technologies behind the internet and cloud computing? If so, join us!
As a part of our client’ s company, they are leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from TVs to consoles to mobile devices and beyond. Their focus is on three things: overall ownership of production, production code quality, and deployments. The successful candidate, will be self-directed and able to participate in the decision-making process at various levels.
Our client expects their Service Reliability Engineers to have opinions on the state of our service and provide critical feedback during various phases of the operational lifecycle. The company is engaged throughout the S/W development lifecycle, ensuing the operational readiness and stability of their service.
Qualifications for the Role
- Minimum of 5+ years of working experience in Software Development and/or Linux Systems Administration role.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Available to participate in a scheduled on-call rotation.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Proficient as a Linux Production Systems Engineer, with experience managing large scale Web Services infrastructure.
- Proficient with the design, implementation and full management of Cloud Storage Technologies such as Ceph and Gluster in a large-scale production environment.
- Experienced with CDN technologies
- Development experience in one or more of the following programming languages:
- Python (preferred), Golang, Bash
- Helpful to know Java, C, C++
- In addition, experience with one or more of the following:
- NoSQL at scale (e.g. Hadoop, Mongo clusters, and/or sharded Redis)
- Event Aggregation technologies. (e.g. ElasticSearch)
- Monitoring & Alerting, and Incident Management tool sets
- Virtual infrastructure (deployment and management) at scale
- Release Engineering (Package management and distribution at scale)
- S/W Performance analysis and load testing (QA or SDET experience: a plus)