101 North Brand Blvd., 8th Floor
Job Category: Director
Job Number: 18650
Our client, a fast-growing educational software company, is seeking a full-time in-house Director of Engineering to lead the technical team on a new, still unreleased ambitious project. This person will report directly to our Executive Producer and have overall responsibility for the engineering team across platforms and technologies.
- Provide technical expertise to lead and manage a team of engineers across multiple disciplines – client, server, network, database, web, and tools.
- Interface with creative teams to provide solutions for feature requests within limits set by company stakeholders.
- Architect, drive, and oversee long and short-term technology solutions for client and server software.
- Contribute to the technology platforms, libraries, systems, and tooling used by our engineering team(s).
- Work with production to plan, scope, and schedule solutions from the engineering team
- Collaborate and facilitate communication both locally and with remote development teams.
- Evangelize and support the rollout of new technologies, libraries, and development techniques.
- Evaluate current staffing needs and participate in recruiting initiatives and interview processes.
- Contribute to emerging training strategies and career development initiatives.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience building and managing technical teams, including hiring and mentoring developers
- Experience managing mixed engineering organizations including local, remote, and vendor resources
- Familiarity with client/server, database/web interfaces, and Unity development for PC and mobile
- Experience architecting and facilitating solutions for multi-player online, PC and mobile platforms.
- Experience collaborating with, and giving guidance to, technical leads.
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written, with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A proven ability to facilitate consensus across cross-functional teams.
- Comprehension of a variety of Software Development Life Cycle practices including Agile/Scrum
- Expert knowledge of modern mobile technologies including iOS development in Objective C, Android development in Java, and cross platform development in Unity using C#.
- MMO experience highly desired. Familiarity with Photon Server a plus.
- Strong work ethic required, sense of humor a plus