1 Duette Way
Job Category: Program Manager
Job Number: 19254
Director, Project Management Office
The Director of the PMO establishes the strategic outlook for the PMO, collaborates with peers and works with the team to execute the vision. The Director of the PMO maintains a project management center of excellence including best practices and knowledge-sharing across the enterprise. Responsible for overseeing the product development process and product launch process including:
- Owns and guides the adoption of the product development process.
- Manages the Product Launch Manager who is responsible for overseeing the launch process including working with product and fabrication teams to identify and control launch risks to improve launch success.
- Works cooperatively with all divisions and functional groups to identify and implement process improvements related to product development and launch.
- Works with constituent Project Managers, Product Management, New Product Development and Operations in one of our divisions to ensure successful completion of all product development and launch-related efforts. Responsible for establishing consistent project management methodology to improve project success.
- Guides establishing consistent project management methodology, where appropriate and at an acceptable rate of change, to improve communication and project success.
- Also, responsible for facilitating the portfolio management process with Product Management to define, prioritize and develop projects including resource alignment. Liaisons with Motorization Logistics & PMO on motorization project prioritization. Maintains Product Management project list.
- Works with company leadership and Motorization Logistics & PMO to establish project portfolio management tools and processes.
- Liaisons with IT PMO and other stakeholders to leverage best practices where appropriate for the overall Enterprise.
- Hires, manages, and develops staff.
What will you have?
- Expert knowledge of project management and product development processes.
- Solid understanding of project documentation in accordance with ISO procedures.
- Skill in the use of computer and software packages such as Microsoft Applications, G-Suite, and SmartSheet.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to analyze data to identify trends and distinguish discrepancies and inaccuracies in prepared reports.
- Ability to perform arithmetic functions in order to work with Excel worksheet programs.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form on a one-to-one or group basis.
- Ability to exhibit initiative to quickly learn and retain various cross-discipline information within a relatively short time period.
Required Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s degree in a related discipline, 10-12 years directly-related experience, preferably in a manufacturing and/or fabrication environment.
- PMP Certification required.