10990 Wilshire Blvd #1500
Job Category: Director
Job Number: 19454
Seeking a Director of System Engineering in the field of wireless communication and signal processing to lead a system engineering team for product research and development.
- Team building including recruiting, training, performance review and improvement, etc.
- Supervising and guiding team member’ s day to day work and longer-term tasks.
- Implementing best practices and engineering methods within the team and/or across different teams.
- Driving product innovation and improvement with a focus on the physical layer and other cross layer functions and overseeing the whole process from the beginning to the finish.
- Managing project schedule and execution.
- Defining system architectures, interfaces, algorithms, and protocols.
- Working with other teams for system implementation and validation and ensuring the system performance meets expectations.
- Hands on system design and simulation.
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering with a focus in wireless communication or signal processing.
- 8+ years of relevant wireless communication systems design experience.
- Ability to build and lead a team to work productively and deliver quality results on schedule.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize the team’ s tasks to meet both short-term and longer team needs.
- Experience in leading a team for communication system design, implementation, and validation.
- Experience in project management involving cross-team co-ordinations
- Extensive experience in the design of MIMO and OFDM systems.
- Experience in fixed point design and verification targeting FPGA or ASIC implementation.
- Solid knowledge about digital signal processing algorithms and its applications
- Solid knowledge about RF signal propagation and channel modeling.
- Solid knowledge about mixed signal and RF circuit impairments and modeling.
- Knowledge of Medium Access Controls, wireless ad-hoc networking and routing algorithms a plus.