837 N Spring St #103
Job Category: Electrical Engineer
Job Number: 19030
The Sr. Electrical Engineer (Digital Power) will come with substantial experience in the design and development of highly-efficient power supply and LED driver designs. You will be a part of the process from concept investigation and design analysis to successful production execution. Using analytical and problem-solving skills the Electrical Engineer will help guide decision making in the organization. The candidate must have domain expertise with designing, modeling, trouble shooting, and verifying stability of digital power control loops. This individual must have deep expertise of offline conversion topologies including Flyback, Buck, PFC, resonant converters, LLC and analog/digital controls loops. Candidate must be intimately familiar with power supply safety and environmental certifications, offline controllers, components, magnetic design, power supply layout and state-of the art techniques for efficiency optimizations including no load/light load efficiency techniques. The Electrical Engineer will help in architecture investigation with the power architect and help determine the best design option for power metric performance optimization including but not limited to efficiency, power density, cost and scalability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze, model, design for excellence (DFx), drive prototype development, qualification, safety/REL certifications
- Design, simulate, calculate, and develop analytical models for prediction of design concepts throughout the development lifecycle.
- Develop proof of concept, risk assessments, mitigation plans, and incorporate lessons learned.
- Create circuit schematics and BOM; Work with layout team on designs that are industry leading in size and power density.
- Conduct design and layout reviews with cross-functional teams
- Prototype, test, and validate designs. Document multi-dimensional activities.
- Perform competitive benchmarking for each project.
- Transition designs into mass production. Support sustaining engineering issues.
- Prepare, present, and lead peer to peer and cross-functional design review meetings.
Requirements for the Role
- Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Working knowledge with C/C++
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in power electronics
- Proficiency with schematic editor and PCB layout, simulation tool ex: Spice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (less than 20%)
- Possess the ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
- Experience with Altium.
- Experience with Magnetics simulation.
- Experience with VHDL/Verilog
- Knowledge/experience with GIT or other similar version control systems.
- Knowledge/experience with Arena PLM or similar product lifecycle management systems.
- Knowledge/experience with Python, MATLAB, Mathcad, or similar software/tools.