837 N Spring St #103
Contract/Contract to Hire
Job Category: Electrical Engineer
Job Number: 19999
Electrical Engineering Technician
You will support design engineering as we develop new LED driver designs from concept through production including component selection, test, prototype build, safety testing and production launch. Collaboration is critical as you will offer suggestions for design modifications and improvements based on lab observations.
- Perform a variety of duties assisting Mechanical, Electrical, and System Engineers in the development and assembly of mechanical, electromechanical, engineering designs, tests, modifications, assemblies and components.
- Work from schematics, diagrams, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, and troubleshooting functions
- Use test equipment including, but not limited to, digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, signal generators and specialized test fixtures.
- Perform detailed new product qualification testing according to engineer-developed test plan, which may include capturing oscilloscope waveforms, making power and efficiency measurements, among other items. Quickly and accurately capture and understand data. Transfer data to Microsoft office-based report format.
- Assemble prototype circuit boards consisting of surface-mount and through-hole components.
- Assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies. Sets up and tests complete prototype units and subassemblies under operational conditions.
- Performs thermal testing and formats test data before handing it over to the engineers.
- Analyses data and recommends modifications to components or test procedure to meet desired specifications given by the engineers.
- Electronic? Tech, AS degree or equivalent training in Electrical or Mechanical? Engineering or other related technical field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in power and analog electronics with working knowledge of passive component testing, power semiconductor performance, thermal and EMC testing and qualification testing of electronics.
- Ability to troubleshoot analog and digital circuits with equipment such as; oscilloscopes, power meters, AC and DC power supplies and multimeters.
- Fundamental circuit analysis capability is required.? Must have familiarity with basic circuit calculations for voltage, current, resistance, and power.
- Understanding of mathematical principles for common electronics building blocks, such as diodes, transistors, capacitors, inductors, operational amplifiers, etc.
- Proficient with MS Office tools including Excel and Word or equivalents.