1 Duette Way
Job Category: C++
Job Number: 18737
Our client is searching for a Systems Engineer that will lead the design, development, and testing for all aspects of electrical components, systems, equipment, and machinery using principles and techniques of computer science and electrical engineering for the company. The ideal candidate for this role develops ideas and concepts for electronic systems; this includes existing products, line extensions, product enhancements, new products, and test infrastructure. Work is performed for the various divisions and business functions of the company.
What you’ ll do
- Leads and provides guidance to others in the areas of embedded software design/development and embedded hardware design/development.
- Leads development of electronic projects and firmware, working with other business functions and divisions to integrate motorization products into overall design.
- Develops and modifies firmware and/or software involved with embedded electronic systems.
- Develops algorithms, performs HW/SW validation/verification, and oversees/coordinates the work of others.
- Researches new or alternative technologies for implementation in new products or product enhancements.
- Oversees, coordinates, and evaluates work performed by suppliers/consultants and communicates with them on a frequent basis to review project progress and communicate project needs.
- Documents many aspects of the products such as: requirements, firmware design, schematics, PCB’ s, test results, etc.
- Assists business functions in product advancement teams by troubleshooting issues with PowerView and other motorized products.
- Trains the staff of the Technical Services department in the operational use and features of the electronic aspects of new and existing products.
What you’ ll have
- Expert knowledge of embedded systems design and implementation.
- Expert knowledge of C programming, highly proficient in Assembly.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
- Demonstrated Ability to independently exercise judgment in making technical decisions
- Demonstrated Ability to analyze cause and effect relationships involving product debug as well as research and development activities.
- Demonstrated Ability in developing and maintaining effective work relationships with employees, across other business divisions, and with suppliers.
- Demonstrated Ability to supervise work performance of employees, contract employees and suppliers.
- Proficient in C++ and Python Scripting.
- Proficient in various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies, and their application.
- Proficient with various software development tools such as Git, SVN, make, various IDE’ s etc.
- Proficient in both Windows and Linux/UNIX operating systems.
- Solid knowledge of, and experience working with, small motor drive systems.
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing processes and capabilities of suppliers.
- Solid knowledge of the principles of research and development methodology.
- Solid knowledge of report writing, and proper documentation procedures used in product development and research.
- Solid knowledge of working with domestic regulatory agencies such as, Underwriters Laboratories and other similar type European regulatory agencies to obtain certifications of electronic products.
- Solid knowledge of conventional aspects of Electrical Engineering
- Solid knowledge of analog and digital circuits and embedded systems.
- Skill in operation of electronic test equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate an inquisitive initiative in performance of research and development work activities.
- Ability to deal with conflicting design requirements with creativity and innovation.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and schematics.
- Familiar with the concepts, practices, and procedures of Electrical Engineering.
- Familiar with mechanical principles and material properties.
Acceptable Training and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; a Bachelor’ s or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is highly desired.
- Experience within a research and development background is highly desired.
- 5+ years of job experience in an area related to embedded systems design/development required.