6080 Center Drive. 10th Floor
Job Number: 19204
The primary role for this position will be to work on the development of web applications for our client. The ideal candidate must be a skilled React.js developer with experience in web application development using Java stack in the backend. He/She will work with peers on the development of large-scale systems that support other Sony' s businesses in the digital content and customer service area. The role will primarily be focused on development and delivery of projects. He/She is expected to communicate with members of the company’ s Technology group by providing status, identifying and raising issues and participating in planning activities.
- Implement the User Interface for web applications using React.js and other web technologies.
- Write backend APIs using Java stack
- Take individual responsibility for the entire development cycle from requirements definition and design through coding, debugging, testing and final release.
- Work closely within a tight knit team of experienced engineers to produce high-quality software products on an aggressive schedule.
- Demonstrate professional engineering practices including adherence to coding standards, producing design documentation, and supporting integration.
- Write and execute unit tests.
- Communicate estimates, schedules, issues and dependencies to technical or project lead
- Refactor existing code base and improve overall quality of code
Qualifications for the Role:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, and Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial software development, especially focusing on front-end.
- Knowledgeable in Java stack and experience writing REST APIs using Java technologies (Spring, hibernate, MySQL)
- Expertise in object-oriented design methodologies
- Experience working with medium to large scale code bases in small to large groups
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience developing with support for Cross-browser compatibility
- Familiarity with NodeJS, AngularJS
- Familiarity with ObjectveC
- Experience building cloud deployed applications
- Knowledge with libraries such as React, Angular, PIXI, Antd
- You value team success over personal success