1901 War Memorial Dr
Job Category: HR
Job Number: 19068
Our client is looking for an HR Generalist for its Peoria office; the candidate selected for this role will effectively assist in the process to recruit, screen, test and select employees to ensure the successful operation of the Call Center. Participate in acting as an information source in all aspects of Human Resources including corrective action and HR policies. Fosters continuous growth and promotes company culture.
Typically Reports To: Director of Human Resources or Human Resource Call Center Manager
Typical Reports: Human Resources Coordinator
- Assist in developing and implementing hourly marketing and recruitment strategies to meet the staffing needs for internal and external positions including testing, screening and interviewing to ensure call handling and service levels are maintained.
- Provide call center staff direction and support on HR issues within legal constraints. Support includes consulting, coaching, and guiding staff in areas such as corrective action, worker’ s compensation, and employment-related issues.
- Maintain and update location specific employee files.
- Disseminate accurate and pertinent information to employees regarding all HR policies and issues.
- Manage the unemployment process.
- Maintain partnership with employment agencies as needed.
- Assist in completion of specific projects as directed by the HR action plans and / or the HR team.
- Orientate new employees to ensure understanding of company policies, procedures, and benefits are accurately communicated.
- Serves as a point of contact for employees regarding insurance, injuries at work, leaves, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement.
- Assist in coordinating corporate and facility function
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Associate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 1 to 2 years of human resources generalist experience required
- BA/BS in Human Resources or related field preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of PC applications for word, processing spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to include presentation ability.
- Demonstrated decision making and problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.