1477 S Manchester Ave
Contract To Hire
Job Category: Helpdesk Support
Job Number: 19169
Our client is urgently looking for a Helpdesk Support team member that will respond as a first level technical help desk support for all Windows XP, Pro & 2003 clients. Apart from this, the selected candidate for this role will handle the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provides expert support on Active Directory/Windows 2003 LAN/WAN environment
- Provides first level support on web-based Citrix environment.
- Creates and maintains physical and logical data, telecom & software specs.
- Provides expert technical assistance to Network Administrator and other Information Technology staff members with any LAN/WAN related issues.
- Conducts installation, upgrades and/or maintenance of all necessary hardware and software.
- Provides first level telephone support for VOIP system, documents and has clear understanding of all IP and DCHP address schemas.
- Provides first level technical help with hand held systems for compatibility with internal systems such as a blackberry.
- Assists with on-going technology related capital improvement projects.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems, electronics engineering, voice/data communications or a related field preferred.
- Three to five years of progressive help desk experience working in a LAN/WAN, AD, Windows OS environment with at least 75+ nodes.
- Experience and knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 server OS, IP Protocol & Subnets, LAN\WAN infrastructure design/implementation/maintenance, telephony architectures, VOIP architecture, design and protocols, and MS Applications.
- Experience with Citrix (Meta frame 3.0 – Presentation Server), IIS, Web design, Cisco PIX 515 configurations, Database Architectures (SQL & Oracle), and Visio highly preferred.