2201 Park Place, Suite 102
Job Category: Helpdesk Support
Job Number: 19070
The Help Desk Engineer is a Tier-2 technical position within Prosum' s Managed Services division. The Help Desk Engineer is responsible for handling first and second level support of service requests/incidents in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, operating systems and vendor specific hardware and software.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’ s core business applications and operating systems.
- Support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support incidents and adhere to all service management principles.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests while meeting or exceeding SLA metrics.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Enter all work as service tickets in ConnectWise
- Document all incidents into our ticketing system
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures located in our Knowledge Base
- Respond to phones and be proactive in our ticketing system
- Resolve issues through client interaction occasionally and/or using remote support tools
- riage issues to determine appropriate escalation
Educational, Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred
- Microsoft certification highly desirable
- 2-5 years of experience in IT with emphasis in the Managed Services field, working in a structured support environment including managing support tickets, diagnostics, escalation routines, and issue resolution closure
- Experience with service desk management tools (Automate/Labtech, ConnectWise Manage, IT Glue)
- Familiar with standard desktop and server applications and backup software
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems Windows 7 &10 and with emphasis on Windows Server 2008 – 2016.
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook/O365 and Office applications within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation, administration)
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Exchange Servers
- Experienced in PC hardware set-up, imaging, configuration and troubleshooting
- Intermediate knowledge of network protocols, configurations, and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of server hardware - Dell, HP, etc.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.