221 S. Figueroa St, Ste.
Job Category: Helpdesk Support
Job Number: 18129
The Helpdesk Technician position is responsible for providing first level support for all IT support requests. This includes hardware and software troubleshooting as well as recording, tracking and following up on the status of each IT support ticket. This position will also be on a 24x7 call rotation schedule.
The Helpdesk Technician position will handle confidential information, as well as, creating and keeping various department/operations reports/records. The Helpdesk Technician will also work in the field with frontline staff to identify and troubleshoot network connectivity issues, and partner with our client’ s DSA hospitals, Coroner offices and Transplant Centers.
Performs all duties and responsibilities in compliance with the company’ s policies and procedures, regulations as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations, and other applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides first level helpdesk/desktop support, maintaining a high degree of customer service.
- Reviews all IT support tickets, tracks their process and update all relevant information.
- Maintain department SLA’ s for all IT tickets, including response time and resolution time.
- Takes ownership and is proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Identifies and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Responsible for imaging, setup, configuration and issuance of laptops and workstations.
- Troubleshoots Smartphones.
- Preventative maintenance for all computers, including patch management, antivirus updates and performance tuning.
- Provides technical support for special projects and initiatives.
- Provides remote support, including over the phone and traveling to remote offices.
- Troubleshoots printers and copiers.
- Assists with meeting setups in conference rooms as needed.
- Assists with software/hardware upgrades.
- Replaces and upgrades outdated hardware.
- Provides support to company executives.
- Maintains and updates IT documentation, including inventory, knowledge base, etc.
- Documents resolutions for future reference.
- Implements hotfixes, patches and updates as necessary.
- Researches new technologies and/or processes necessary to improve support and efficiency.
- Manage all user accounts including 3rd party applications.
- Participate in a call rotation schedule.
- Cross trains with team members to serve as overflow and/or absentee backup.
- Identifies hardware and software standards for company use. Determines “ best practice” policies for the standards.
- Identifies appropriate software to run performance analysis. Works with team members to set processes based on analysis.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in compliance with safety guidelines, policies and procedures, regulations as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations, and other applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Performs quality control practices as defined by the policies and procedures.
- Works with existing software and/or identify new software/technologies to run various reports to improve efficiencies and identify trends. (i.e. AD audits, security audits, performance reports, etc.).
- Supports the organization’ s Standards of Professional Conduct as outlined in the company’ s Employee Handbook, and the mission, vision and values.
- Assists team members working various technical projects acting as a project manager, ensuring the project gets completed in a timely manner.
- Must report to work on time; must contact primary manager(s) if running late or not able to report to work.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Performs advanced IT troubleshooting (i.e. WAN connectivity, server outages, etc.), with little supervision, exercising confidentiality, independent discretion and judgment.
- Accepts deliveries and alerts recipients and/or routes the deliveries to the appropriate person/area.
- Initiates calls for all department equipment repairs and/or service call; including but not limited to office photocopiers, fax machines, postage meter machines and other equipment when necessary.
- Displays a consistent, professional degree of communication skills in person, on the phone, by e-mail and letters to internal and external communications.
- Responsible for setup of presentation equipment for all onsite/offsite meeting requests.
- Required attendance at annual hazard communication and control safety training sessions for Cal-OSHA, contract processors, and other training programs as deemed necessary by the management of IT.
Secondary Job Functions:
(Although the following job functions have been identified as “ secondary”, any employee capable of performing the “ secondary” job functions is expected to do so.)
- Attends all department meetings as required and participates on committees as needed.
- Maintains professional growth and development through continuing education and in-service meetings.
- Insures compliance with local and state fire and safety codes.
- Handles confidential matters with external and internal donor, clients, vendors, processors, physicians, ME offices, etc.
Requirements for the Role:
- A+ certification or equivalent certification preferred (certified in hardware/software troubleshooting).
- Knowledge of Microsoft based desktop environment, including Windows 7/8, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understanding of network concepts and technologies, including TCP/IP and DNS
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple issues simultaneously.
- Understands network concepts and technologies, including TCP/IP and DNS
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple issues simultaneously.
- Flexibility and ability to be productive and work with interruptions.
- Must be comfortable working with people at all organizational levels.
- Great communication skills; written and oral.
- Must have legible handwriting and good telephone etiquette.
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to create a positive impression and to deal courteously with all levels of management, staff, hospital personnel, vendors, and the public through telephone, written and in person communications is essential.
- High level computer skills; ability to perform word processing, and utilize spreadsheets, databases, and graphics programs on a personal computer.
- Ability to prepare and edit complex documents.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and bring projects and tasks to completion in a timely manner.
- Ability to assume responsibility without direct supervision, exercise initiative and judgment, and make decisions within the scope of assigned authority.
- Must be creative, enthusiastic and could multi task and switch gears effectively.
- Strong organizational, detail and time management skills with high attention to detail being aware of the sense of urgency, essential.
- Capable of handling of high volume of phone calls and emails.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Must type a minimum of 40 wpm.
- Knowledge of IT/IS terminology.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time while performing tasks.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new tasks is required.
- Can multi-task to assist department team with tasks as assigned.