1 Duette Way
Contract To Hire
Job Category: Java
Job Number: 19378
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. (These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform.)
- Devises or designs Web site capabilities to solve complex business problems.
- Prepares detailed specifications (both high and low level designs) to which programs will be written.
- Oversees and performs documentation, testing and debugging on a project basis.
- Provides guidance and training to less-experienced staff.
- Will lead and direct work of some projects to third party vendors.
- Work directly with end users and other technical teammates to deliver projects.
- Learn and support a variety of systems and applications.
- Troubleshoot problems and create solutions/options for resolution.
- Train customers on all new processes, systems, applications, and/or implemented changes.
- Perform testing & review of all changes/solutions
- A strong desire to continuously teach themselves new things.
- Project Management, time Management and Multitasking across a wide variety of project.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
- Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
- Assist with quarterly maintenance weekends.
- Participate in the continued learning of the group
An employee in this position, upon appointment, should have the equivalent of the following:
- Expert knowledge of change, source control and bug tracking systems.
- Solid knowledge of business
- Solid knowledge with programming background.
- Solid knowledge of computer use and software packages such as Word and Excel.
- Solid knowledge of Networking / distributing computing concepts and client/ server programming
- Solid knowledge of business processes and functions with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Solid knowledge of Firewalls, authentication systems and applying cryptography
- Solid knowledge of Networked file systems
- Solid knowledge of hosted solutions and cloud based solutions to provide customer solutions.
- Solid knowledge of database systems, table design and query optimizations.
- Solid knowledge of Software Architecture and interfacing techniques
- Ability to demonstrate solid verbal and written communication skills to effectively respond to customer.
- Ability to manage/deliver projects.
- Ability to perform job duties with limited supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate consistent job performance and professional demeanor.
- Ability to exhibit initiative in serving customer needs in a timely fashion.
- Ability to resolve difficult customer situations through creative problem-solving while maintaining non-emotional, professional behavior.
- Ability to clearly articulate the reasons for their selected solutions.
- Ability to work in a UNIX based operating system environment.
- Ability to be an effective facilitator of technical decisions.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, multi-tasking, prioritizing, patience, motivation
Acceptable Training and Experience includes:
- Bachelor’ s degree, preferred in a Computer Science or related field.
- Requires 6-8 years of experience in the field or in a comparable area.
- They understand the use of ejbs and jsf as well on communication portals like SOAP, OData within Web Services like REST and POJOs. Familiar with a variety of the field’ s concepts, practices, and procedures, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) service stack.
- Strong communication skills are required in this position.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
For knowledge statements, according to The Uniform Selection Guidelines issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission the following definitions of knowledge are:
- Basic General familiarity; aware of universal principles and able to locate details/access resources. Understanding of a determinate number of functions or activities.
- Solid Working knowledge; able to apply general principles. Understanding of most functions, operations or activities. Includes a general knowledge of applicable theory.
- Expert Able to apply general principles and specific details. Understanding of virtually all functions, operations or activities. Includes full comprehension of applicable theory.