Job Category: PM
Job Number: 19166
The IT Portfolio Analyst reports to the Director, IT Portfolio Governance & VMO. The IT Portfolio Analyst role is key to the growing maturity of the IT portfolio governance practice within our client’ s Global Technology Organization (GTO). The IT Portfolio Analyst collaborates with IT and Finance teams in support of the company’ s executive transformation governance committee to ensure every IT investment dollar counts toward turning Mattel into an IP-driven, high-performing toy company, positioned for continuous growth. The IT Portfolio Analyst supports a total portfolio of approximately $200M and is responsible for data collection and integrity, modeling, analytics, and producing ongoing dashboards to keep leadership informed and enable data-driven decision making.
- Support IT project portfolio management intake and governance processes including annual planning, monthly and quarterly analyses and reporting and executive decision-making
- Develop and maintain IT investment performance dashboards
- Analyze and model alternate investment options (“ puts and takes”) as new priorities arise
- Closely monitor portfolio health and regularly communicate portfolio health and statistics to a broad audience
- Work to ensure data integrity within the Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Ability to prioritize and thrive in a fast paced, complex, and demanding environment
- With significant experience in IT project portfolio analysis and management or related activities
- Bachelor’ s Degree; with Computer Science, Business Administration or Finance discipline preferred
- Detail-oriented, strong analytical skills, critical thinking and resourceful problem-solving
- Proven ability to anticipate requirements and act proactively to address
- Strong collaboration skills and executive presence; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Power BI. Experience with PPM tools; direct experience with MS Project Online or MS Project Server a plus.
- Ability to exercise fiscal responsibility and confidentiality with sensitive financial information
- Candidate must possess the following qualities and characteristics:
- High Energy
- Personal responsibility and accountability
- Business political maturity
- Willingness to work occasional extended hours and weekends as needed in support of annual planning and periodic governance decision-making.