950 17th St
Contract To Hire/Perm
Job Category: Java
Job Number: 19201
As a Software Engineer, you will be playing a critical role in shaping our client’ s system architecture, building automation efficiencies and collaborating with other talented developers. Our client is looking for an experienced Software Engineer that has a passion for building reactive web-based applications. Ideal candidates will have experience and knowledge in developing high quality applications and solutions in a fast-pace entrepreneurial environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the Agile process with cross-functional development teams
- Contribute operational and systems expertise to the software development lifecycle
- Contribute to organization-wide processes and standards
- Automate: Infrastructure, software builds, testing, deployments, etc.
- Share knowledge with Software Engineers, etc.
- Configure monitoring and reporting for company products
Requirements for the Role
- 4 years+ of experience with Java and Spring Boot or Scala, Akka, Play Framework
- Experience developing REST based APIs
- Experience with Docker and containerization
- Experience with MVC frameworks
- Experience writing to relational (SQL) and non-relational databases
- Experience with Agile software development
- Understanding of Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Understanding of cloud hosted and/or virtualized systems