55 S Lake Ave
Job Category: Java
Job Number: 19418
Java Software Engineer
- Responsible for building services and coming up with appropriate solutions to business problems
- Research, Design, Develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide systems/applications
- Prototyping solutions and recommending the adoption of new technologies and continually improve our client experience.
- Support Development and Deployment of application software releases to production and Non-Production environments
- Self-reliant, hands-on position on the team to lead and drive code quality, maintain application stability in an agile environment.
- Collaborate with architectural peers, product owners, UX/UI, Internal/External stakeholders and globally distributed teams to understand requirements and develop application in compliance to client needs
- Assist in the development of overall project plans and timetables, analysis and identification of intermediate deliverables
- Define engineering best practices and mentor teams to write elegant code using effective automated unit tests & Test Driven Development methodologies
- Develop specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings
- Meet deadlines and manage multiple, dynamic priorities
- 6+ years of strong technical experience with hands-on in application development / system / platform / integration and testing software/solutions
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology or related field, or combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Strong experience with Java, J2EE, Spring, Tomcat, Hibernate frameworks
- Experience in modular/OO coding
- Work with Tomcat application servers and Eclipse IDE.
- Solid experience working with server-side application frameworks such as JSP, JSF, and Spring
- Strong Development Experience with Restful and SOAP-based web services, JSON and XML and knowledge on the Microservices oriented architecture
- Demonstrate significant experience working with relational databases, SQL and newer NoSQL data stores
- Experience in designing & building responsive applications overlaying web and mobile devices is a plus
- Experience with behavior-driven testing frameworks like Cucumber and integration-testing frameworks like Selenium and Soap UI
- Experience in SCRUM, Jira, GitHub, Jenkins
- Self-motivated team player who excels in a collaborative environment, has a strong sense of personal accountability, and contributes beyond job role and responsibilities