Job Category: Linux
Job Number: 19274
Our client is urgently looking for a Senior Linux Desktop and Server Support; the selected Systems Administrator should be passionate about working with users, has a deep understanding of Linux, and enjoys finding ways to solve technical problems. The tasks and responsibilities in this role will require both breadth and depth of experience, as well as a solution-centric mindset.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- At least five years of in-depth, hands-on experience with Linux system administration (Red Hat/CentOS and/or Ubuntu)
- Ability to independently write and debug system scripts and programs in Python, Bash, or similar scripting languages
- Ability to independently troubleshoot and debug routine Linux workstation hardware and software issues
- Ability to deploy and support 50+ Linux workstations independently
- Experience with hands-on workstation hardware break/fix troubleshooting and repair, including engaging vendor support processes
- Relevant Bachelor’ s degree, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Experience with Linux-based OS deployment tools such as Kickstart
- Experience with Linux configuration management tools such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience working on support cases with enterprise hardware vendors
- Experience with hands-on data center hardware (servers, storage systems, network equipment) break/fix troubleshooting and repair, including engaging vendor support