1695 Adolfo Lopez Dr.
Job Category: MySQL DBA
Job Number: 19066
Our client is actively seeking a Sr. SQL DBA that will be responsible for the development, production and maintenance of all SQL Server systems within the company. The primary responsibilities will be to ensure the stability, security and reliability of all MS SQL Server systems, as well as assist development teams with best practices and code optimization as needed.
This is a senior MS SQL Server DBA role largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. This is a highly competent and highly motivated individual. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role includes owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests within provided SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g.: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with the team to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
This MS SQL Server DBA role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with our internal customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established time-frames.
- Lead on SQL 2008 to SQL 2016 migrations for the company and future migrations
- Examining and Analyzing High Availability needs and requirements, developing and providing Design and Implementation to support the project' s requirements in MS SQL.
- Review and make recommendations for tuning existing environments.
- Define and lead the adoption of best practices and processes.
- Collaborate efficiently with PM and other developers to build data stores as a service to power our next generation video services.
- Experiment with new technologies to make sure we can scale for the future.
- Maintain and monitor large database environments for 24/7 availability
- Manage and execute daily operational jobs, including backups, index / statistics updates, defrags, etc.
- Develop alerts, reports and automated processes for failed jobs
- Store, trend and analyze database and system performance measurements over time
- Optimize procedures, indexes and table schemas according to trending data
- Ability to perform SQL server migrations - adhering to best practices
- Ensure security measures and policies are in place by minimizing scope of exposure to logins, updating security patches, separating service accounts for administrative jobs and performing necessary security audits
- Plan, design and implement the database capacity, physical and logical modeling for a large .NET applications
- Be the Primary on-call for 24/7 database support.
- Full involvement in deployment of applications when needed
- Problem Resolution and Process Management
- Drive problem resolution and root cause analysis across the technology stack.
- Participate in the resolution of database availability, capacity, and performance issues
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of internal processes and SQL Server tools
- Participate in infrastructure and organizational initiatives across multiple IT disciplines
- Monitor MS SQL performance through Solarwinds, reporting and remediating any issues within the published SLAs.
- Performs other assigned duties.
Education and Experience
- 10+ years’ experience as a dedicated DBA, administrating large production database environments working with SQL 2008 - 2016
- Required Experience monitoring and administrating an H/A Fail-Over environment
- Virtual environment experience with vSphere
- SQL 2016 experience required
- Experience in High Availability (HA)
- Microsoft SQL Server cluster instances and databases
- Experience in installing, upgrading / patching, and configuring SQL 2008-2016
- Strong SQL development skills and in-depth knowledge of SQL internals
- Ability to automate routine processes with .NET or PowerShell
- Advanced experience in mirroring and replication
- Extensive experience designing and implementing backup and recovery strategies
- Understanding of multi-tier architecture environment or Service Oriented Architecture
- Must have experience with a high performance, high traffic and large database environments
- 10 years of experience in SQL database administration, design and development
- Experience with SQL log review
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with little to no supervision
- Capacity to implement operational automation using scripts.
- Good communication and documentation skills