6365 Montessouri Street
Job Category: Other Area(s)
Job Number: 19778
As the selected candidate for the role of Math Software Engineer/Designer, you will work closely with our client' s Game Designer and Studio Producer to help define, design and implement the expected behavior of the company' s games based on requirements and market research.
You will be primarily responsible for championing design proposals and design documents that define the behavior of our games. You will then take the math design for a title and write code that will allow it to run on a gaming machine. You will work closely with the Game Designer and Studio Producer to create the deliverables for both demonstration and fielded games.
- Solicit and help define and implement game characteristics and mathematical models based on market experience and input from studio core team and domain experts.
- Use and improve on the methodology of the game creation process – create new tools, suggest process improvements, and document and support any new or existing deliverables.
- Conduct programming simulations on the game math models
- Summarize and analyze the simulation results, in a way that will yield maximum insight and help with decision-making.
- Interact with and support other studio members, such as Media and Title Development and Quality Assurance in order to ensure efficiency and proficiency of work.
- Maintain and improve design standards – ensure all designs and deliverables are maintainable/upgradable, formally reviewed, and documented.
- Deliver math assets to the Studio on time and according to schedule.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- You are extremely detail oriented and comfortable taking a mathematical approach to problem solving.
- You write well-structured, well-documented, maintainable scripts and programs in C++ and/or C# in order to automate manual processes.
- Strong combinatorics (statistics and/or probability) knowledge and experience.
- You have experience working in a team environment and realize the importance of applying process to ensure quality.
- You are comfortable having open discussions on math models and reason behind them.
- You have strong analytic skills and are able to accept feedback which may require changes.
- You are comfortable working in a team environment. This includes strong communication skills, as well as the ability to identify any problems or roadblocks and work through them with other team members to ensure the quickest and most reliable solution.
Experience & Education
- Post-secondary education in Computing Science, Software/Computer Engineering, or the equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in C++ and/or C# development.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience writing new math models for Slot Gaming Devices.