6365 Montessouri Street
Job Category: Other Area(s)
Job Number: 19768
As a selected candidate for the role of Mathematical Designer, you will work closely with our client’ s management and other senior designers of the company to help define the behavior of the games based on requirements and market research.
You will be primarily responsible for championing the design of the mathematics that defines the behavior of games. You will work closely with managers, senior designers, and developers on the team to create the math deliverables for both demonstration and fielded games.
- Solicit and help define game characteristics and math models based on market experience and input from studio managers and domain experts.
- Develop and apply mathematical algorithms to collect, analyze, and present data.
- Use and improve on the methodology of the game design process – creating pay distributions, designing the base and bonus games, mapping game presentation to payouts, and documenting and supporting the deliverables.
- Conduct programming simulations on the game math models.
- Interact with and support other department, such as Media and Title Development in order to ensure efficiency and proficiency of work.
- Maintain and improve design and development standards – ensure all designs and deliverables are maintainable/upgradable, formally reviewed, and documented.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- You are extremely detail oriented and comfortable taking a mathematical approach to problem solving.
- You write well-structured, well-documented, maintainable scripts and programs in C++ and/or C# in order to automate manual processes.
- Strong combinatorics (statistics and/or probability) knowledge and experience is a definite asset.
- You have experience working in a professional team environment and realize the importance of applying process to ensure quality.
- You have leadership capabilities and have experience supporting and mentoring your peers and subordinates.
Experience & Education
- Post-secondary education in one of Computer Science, Mathematics, Software/Computer Engineering, or the equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working in a professional environment.
- 2+ years gaming experience is required.