1241 W Mineral Ave # 200
Job Category: IOS
Job Number: 20094
The Senior Front-End Software Developer for Mobile Applications will develop custom enterprise-class mobile applications using a variety of current technologies including: Angular 8, Ionic 4, RxJS, NgRx, and Capacitor. Working with the Mobile Team Lead, you will help design, develop and build the next generation of mobile applications targeted for the Corrections industry. In this role, you will provide programming, testing, implementation, system review, maintenance and closure to projects. You will leverage your knowledge and experience to provide technical guidance to develop the mobile applications, and to participate in problem analysis and system design. The Senior Front-End Developer will also teach and mentor more junior software developers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Write code targeted for iOS and Android mobile platforms which will include new mobile software solutions that complement and extend the current suite of mobile and web-based applications for the Corrections industry. These solutions are built as a hybrid mobile application using the Ionic Framework.
- Design, implement, unit test, and build enterprise class mobile applications using Angular 8, Ionic 4, RxJS, NgRx, and Capacitor, among others.
- Participate as a team member in design, review, and planning meetings. You identify and keep track of metrics that tell you how your software is performing.
- Provide leadership and keep your eyes open for ways we can further enhance and streamline our development process.
- Participate as a member of an Agile team.
- Refactor and enhance current and legacy applications to improve performance and maintainability.
- Ensure application content and developed code complies with design standards, coding standards, practices and approaches.
- Work as a team to develop optimal mobile based solutions that meet customers and business needs.
- Support testing, deployment, and monitoring of applications.
- Mentor and guide the work product of other, more junior software developers.
- Experiment, test, try, fail, succeed, and learn all the time.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Must have a BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related field, or relevant work experience.
- In depth understanding of mobile related front-end technologies such as Angular 8, Ionic 4, Cordova, CSS/SASS, RxJS, NgRx, and Capacitor.
- A solid understanding of RESTful Services, Event Driven Development, Swift/Objective C, Java for Android, and of best practices in mobile design and development.
- A strong understanding of Business Intelligence (BI) and Work Flow.
- Familiarity with SOLID Principals and Design Patterns is a plus.
- Proficiency with debugging, source control, and defect tracking.
- Three or more years of demonstrable front-end development experience building mobile applications for the iOS and Android platforms that provide the user with a complete, delightful experience.
- Understanding of and experience in using RESTful Services and WebSockets
- Able to organize, prioritize and apply complex concepts to project tasks.
- Ability to find simple solutions for solving complex problems.
- Ability to develop Scalable, Secure, and High Performing Enterprise-Class mobile applications.
- Willingness to learn, teach, and pay close attention to details.
- Ability to research, implement, and report in an articulate, professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Have organizational, analytical, and communication skills.