2201 Park Place, Suite 102
Job Category: Systems Administrator
Job Number: 19158
Who we are
We come to work every day with passion and intensity to deliver brilliant solutions to our clients, no matter the challenge. Founded in 1996, Prosum serves as a strategic IT partner for our clients by providing IT services across our three lines of business: Staffing, Managed Services and Consulting. Some of our amazing clients are AT&T/DIRECTV, Mattel, Riot Games, USC Keck Hospital, and Disney. We have a huge outreach of employees, contractors, alumni, clients and vendors, and we strive to provide them with a positive experience to maintain them as fans within our Prosum community. We provide best-in industry continuous training, to help all our sales people to be the best versions of themselves!
Who you are
The System Engineer is a technical position within Prosum' s Managed Services division, responsible for managing our customers' network technology infrastructures. The System Engineer reports to the Supervisor of Managed Services and may also serve as an escalation point to the helpdesk, NOC, and field technicians. The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of experience in a breadth of technologies including Microsoft Server OS, VMware, Hyper-V, Cisco, Meraki, DELL (SonicWall), Juniper Networks, network switching, and basic level network troubleshooting capabilities. He or she should have extensive experience monitoring and maintaining highly available systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with other team members to provide a high level of customer service to our clients
- Serve as an escalation point to more junior colleagues such as helpdesk analysts and field technicians.
- Travel to client sites located throughout LA, Riverside and Orange Counties.
- Installing, configuring and maintain servers and networks
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
- Network Administration: Cisco, SonicWall, Juniper Networks, HP, etc.
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, network applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft' s core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware
- Network security configuration and monitoring
- Disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Network (LAN/WAN) administration, wireless AP (Palo Alto, Meraki, Aruba, Cisco AP’ s etc.)
- VoIP network infrastructure administration (ShoreTel, Ring Central, etc.)
- Monitoring and performance tuning of various technology components (SolarWinds, Auvik, PRTG)
- Works directly with project manager to help coordinate network projects, create WBS, and works with IT Managers to facilitate SOW creations and client delivery.
- Participate in on-call shift rotations, including weekends and after hours. The flexibility to work on a varied shift rotation when needed is expected.
Requirements for the Role
- Bachelor’ s Degree in information technology related field of study or 3+ years of related experience
- 2-5+ years of hands on experience with the following technologies:
- Cisco, Meraki, Juniper Networks, HP, SonicWall, Intersys, etc.
- Active Directory
- VOIP Networks
- Network Vendor mgmt. (I.e., ISP’ s, Hardware, Software, licensing)
- Microsoft Server Infrastructure Technologies (Server, LAN configurations/Maintenance/Troubleshooting)
- Windows Server 2008-2016, VMware ESXi, Hyper-V
- WAP Configurations/Maintenance Troubleshooting
- Virtualization – VMWare and/or Microsoft Hyper-V
- SDWAN is a major plus
- Servers: Dell, HP, IBM, etc.
- Networking: Cisco, HP, Juniper, SonicWall, etc.
- Network storage devices
- WAP Device (Cisco/Meraki, SonicWall, Juniper, etc.)
- Self-motivated, taking initiative to learn and stay informed on new and relevant technologies.
- Ability to maintain client relationships, and provide a high level of customer service and professionalism
- Ability to manage your own workload, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Can manage time appropriately to ensure we keep within client project budget agreements.
- Can work within a fun cultured team environment
- Documents, creates and adheres to standards, SLA’ s, and SOP’ s.