Senior Network Engineer
Network Engineer is responsible for identifying the appropriate telecommunication, WAN, MAN, LAN, and Wi-Fi technology solutions that support and meet the customer’ s business requirements. This position must be able to provide network designs, manage network implementations, and proactively provide status to the Business Units. Also acts as a technical resource to evaluate evolving Telecommunication technology and perform as a consultant interface to the Business Units for new company initiatives.
• 10 years in an enterprise environment that operates 7x24 services to a multitude of customers and business units.
• 10+years progressive data communications experience in WAN/MAN/LAN/Wi-Fi network design, configuration, evaluation, problem resolution and project management experience.
• Advanced communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a wide array of technical and managerial personnel to solve complex problems.
• Strong customer service skills and orientation.
• Knowledge of Industrial Networking
• Knowledge of film entertainment, video distribution and broadcast business requirements.
• Expert knowledge/experience in Wide area and Local Area network design, configuration, installation, evaluation, problem resolution, and project management.
• Strong understanding of routing protocols including RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, RMTP, BGP etc. and telecommunication connectivity including MPLS, Private Line, Metro Ethernet, Site-to-Site VPN and internet.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of all types of LAN environments (equipment hardware, software and cabling environment to support Ethernet, single-mode and multi-mode fiber optics, Cisco Nexus, ASR, F5, Juniper, MacAfee, etc.)
• Proven technical expertise in the interfacing of network devices and service in a multi-platform computer and network environment (Wireless, VoIP, Video conferencing, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to lead, coordinate, and manage complex projects: developing project plans/schedules; delivering a product or service in a timely and cost-effective manner
• Expert knowledge/experience in the utilization of data communications test tools and network management systems (e.g., sniffers, OPNET, SevOne, Cisco Works and HP Open View)
• Certifications: Cisco CCNP, Juniper NCIP-Enterprise, Sniffer Certified Expert, ITILv3 Foundations, CCNA Industrial
• 10 years of professional experience in a computer-related department on the specific architectures to be supported