26901 Malibu Hills Road
Job Category: Network Engineer
Job Number: 19193
As the Network and Security Lead you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting network and security services across our client’ s organization. You will be expected to provide technical guidance and personnel leadership for a team of security network engineers and to work effectively with peer groups, including the head of the Security Council and managed security services providers to drive a cohesive security strategy. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Technical Services, you will oversee and lead all network and systems security hardening efforts of a 2-billion-dollar company with over 200 full service restaurants and more than 39, 000 staff members. You’ ll thrive in this position if you are:
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail, documenting everything and leaving nothing to chance, while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait until tomorrow or next week.
- An expert in your field: you seek to maintain a comprehensive and strategic knowledge base of the current technology landscape, particularly trends, developments, and advancements.
- Service oriented: you’ re a people person, systematic and trustworthy, who effortlessly provides exceptional support.
- Improvement focused: you never turn off the thought “ how can I do this better, faster, or with less”.
- Relationship builder: you are a master at building genuine relationships with people at all levels inside and outside of an organization. Whether they’ re a type A, B or Z personality, you easily establish a warm relationship, building an effective network around you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and lead all network and systems security hardening efforts to include annual, quarterly, and daily security audit, assessments, reviews, and remediation procedures.
- Oversee complex LAN/WAN and security infrastructure enhancements, including design, implementation, and SteadyState support.
- Perform infrastructure and network security assessments and penetration tests as needed. This includes leading onsite and offsite annual security assessment exercises in support of annual PCI compliance and ongoing security enhancements.
- Provide security reports as required, including security audits, scans, etc.
- Proactively research and communicate emerging security threats, proposing recommendations for implementing short- and long-term solutions to decrease threat vectors and enhance overall security posture.
- Lead our Infrastructure Monitoring & Incident Response teams in concert with SOC vendors to secure and monitor our corporate, restaurant, and cloud infrastructures.
- Oversee and participate in incident response activities as needed. Lead security training and Phishing exercises for all corporate and restaurant staff members.
- Work with the head of the corporate executive security council to develop and track quarterly security agenda and follow up initiatives.
- Provide escalation support for Network Infrastructure service availability issues as well as all security incidents or escalations.
- Create and maintain network & systems documentation to include administration guides, network, security, configuration diagrams, and asset management.
- Be available, on-call as required, to rapidly troubleshoot any problems resulting from changes or unexpected outages or security incidents.
Qualifications for the Role
What we require:
- 7+ years in Network Engineering and/or 7+ years in Information Security
- Strong understanding of security topics such as access control, network and systems hardening, threat modeling, encryption, vulnerability management, digital forensics and incident response
- Experience with tools/technologies such as 802.1x, Cisco ISE, RSA, MAB, PKI authentication, Sourcefire, zone based firewalls, IDS/IPS, MDM, SSO and access control management solutions. In depth knowledge managing SIEM, event correlation tools and security endpoint solutions.
- Experience using multiple security pen testing/scanning tools to include Qualys, Nessus, Snort etc.
- Experience supporting LANs/WANs, firewalls, wireless and VoIP infrastructure preferably from Cisco and Meraki
- Experience with compliance and risk management frameworks, such as PCI, SOX, ISO27001
- Experience leading and driving effective service delivery from teams and third party SOC/MDR/MSS Service providers
- Experience leading security training curriculum and phishing exercises for corporate staff
- Excellent communication skills with prior experiencing leading or acting as a liaison between other departments, employees, management, and vendors.
What we prefer:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSA, MCSD, MCSE)
- Cisco CCNA / CCNP Certifications
- Certifications in one or more of the following - CISSP, CISM, CISA, CPP, CRISC, CEH, ITIL