2041 Rosecrans Ave Suite 220
Job Category: Engineer
Job Number: 19630
Who we are
We come to work every day with passion and intensity to deliver brilliant solutions to our clients, no matter the challenge. Founded in 1996, Prosum serves as a strategic IT partner for our clients by providing IT services across our three lines of business: Staffing, Managed Services and Consulting. Some of our amazing clients are AT&T/DIRECTV, Mattel, Riot Games, USC Keck Hospital, and Disney. We have a huge outreach of employees, contractors, alumni, clients and vendors, and we strive to provide them with a positive experience to maintain them as fans within our Prosum community.
Who you are
You are a tinkerer, you take things apart to see how they work on the inside, then put them back together and it works again. You are energized by working with others, helping them, and turning frowns into smiles. You are looking to start your career in IT and looking for that early career job with a company that has lots of opportunities. You are an insatiable learner, constantly learning from others and constantly working to improve yourself.
The Onsite Engineer is a Tier-1 technical position within Prosum' s Managed Services division. This individual will monitor our clients’ endpoints, respond to alerts, and assist client with hardware and software problems via phone, email, remote-control tools and at the client site. This position may be assigned specific customers or may go from one customer site to another as needed.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support incidents and adhere to all service management principles.
- Document all incidents into our ticketing system, updating tickets regularly.
- Respond to inquiries from clients and help them resolve hardware or software problems.
- Resolve issues through client interaction and/or using remote support tools.
- Triage issues to determine appropriate escalation
- Take on escalations from the internal service desk team due to client site break/fix need
- Provides initial support for incidents and requests for moves/adds/changes and Reactive Support incidents and requests while onsite
- Manages their queues and resolves tickets from Highest Priority to Lowest, and from oldest to newest ticket within the queue.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems and/or Microsoft certification(s) preferred.
- Three years of experience in IT, working in a structured support environment including managing support tickets, diagnostics, escalation routines, and issue resolution closure
- Experience with service desk management tools (i.e. ticketing system, remote monitoring tools)
- Familiar with standard desktop and server applications and backup software
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Office 365 and MS Office suite within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Exchange Servers
- Basic knowledge of network protocols, and configurations.