3990 Westerly Place, Suite 100
Job Category: IT Manager
Job Number: 19370
Sr. Operations Manager
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPOSIBILITIES
- Responsible for management and administration of desktop & infrastructure support services. This also requires that changes are executed in a manner such that support teams and end-users have been trained and ready for the release, configuration and inventory documentation has been updated and that proper change notification has been communicated to all parties.
- Assist in determining the overall strategy for enterprise desktop infrastructure
- Responsible for the management of vendors that supply, maintain and or provide warranty of desktop services. This includes selection, negotiating contracts/pricing, contract/warranty adherence, and defining and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPI’ s) for each.
- Plan upgrades and roadmaps for new desktop management tools.
- Develop process documentation for updates and software deployments, processes, standard operating procedures etc. in an MSP Environment.
- Provide support for all desktop infrastructure related issues. Research, and develop new technology tools to support desktop services.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to achieve specific goals. They will achieve this through utilizing standardized project management practices and utilizing tools such as MS Project, Risk Lists, Issues List, Decisions List, etc.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving all changes thru the CAB process. Resources availability, schedule of, and risks are some of the items that are reviewed and considered when determining if a change should be approved.
- Track, manage and resolve the root cause of incidents that pertain to support provided by this team to prevent future recurrence of the same or related issues. This includes the training of staff members on the use of knowledge bases and ensuring that the content is up to date and pertinent to the Ares environment.
- Manage Service Desk support team members, supervisor, field engineers, contractors, and vendors
- Tracking of day-to-day tasks assigned until completion.
- Enforce SLA, KPIs at individual level
- Ability to provide task prioritization.
- Manage local and dispersed staff and virtual teams members including offshore.
- Contribute to generation of IT budget as well as tracking of expenditures against existing budgets
- Provide architectural vision of desktop services that incorporates concepts within ITSM, ITIL, and other IT management best practice frameworks.
- Bachelor’ s Degree from an accredited university required
- Deep technical knowledge of desktop and laptop hardware and operating systems
- Certifications (MCSE, MCP, A+ hardware) preferred but not required
- Three (3) or more years as a Senior Desktop Engineer
- Knowledge of IT Service Delivery (ITSM) and related frameworks (ITIL, MOF, etc.).
- 8-10 years of management experience managing large teams in a service desk environment preferably with an MSP
- Detail oriented, possess excellent organizational and communication skills and have the ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Organizational fit for providing IT services to the financial industry
- Ability to work well with and lead others and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively with all levels and in diverse environments
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to rapidly resolve issues and recognize when escalation is necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a staff of about 8 – 10 Engineers onsite and 8 – 10 remote
- Experience working with offshore/remote teams is desired
- Working closely with a supervisor to manage the team’ s delivery
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Positive, upbeat energy and strong team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and structured thinking skills
- Flexibility, agility and change management skills
- Excellent customer service and an understanding of how IT is ultimately delivered to the customer
- Ability to interact with other departments (e.g. Accounting) to support them
- Generally, not required, but there might be a need to lift weight up to 50 pounds occasionally, 5 pounds frequently